Wednesday, September 25, 2013

our summer

This summer was hard because I was in the last two months of my pregnancy and was SO hot and sick. But, we still tried to make it a fun, enjoyable summer. It was my last summer with just my Mia girl! Here's what we did this summer!

the pool was our best friend. We spent LOTS of time at the pool! Our favorite pool was the Lindon pool, but we also went to the Spanish Fork pool, and the Scera pool. All of them have their pros. 
We also went to the springville splash pad a bunch of times. That splash pad is THE BEST. It's not freezing cold water, and it has a little river running through it. Its so much fun. Mia has no fear of the water, which gives me fear haha. 





One day I was feeling too sick to take her to the pool so we just filled a bucket with water and played outside! She loved it. 


Mia got her first ride in the car cart at Maceys. She loved it. We spent lots of time with daddy on weekends and went to Maceys for ice cream cones lots!

 We tried Red Iguana for the first time.. yummmmy! 

 We went up to my sister Chelsey's a few times to play. Mia loved her trampoline. And her dog. And kitties. But hates the horse. 

She moved into a toddler bed in preparation of her baby brother arriving! She did fabulous moving into her toddler bed. I was really nervous but from the beginning she was great. We still let her have a binky at bed time but I want to get rid of it sooo bad. 

We went to Slurp- lots of times. Its delicious! Its just a drink/treat place and you can go to the drive up or go inside. Its a super cute place, and my two favorite drinks are mango mountain dew and guava fresca! 

We attended a fairy princess tea party! It was the cutest little tea party in the world. So classy and fun. I need to get Mia a pair of fairy wings. 

We got a fish- named Indigo! Mia loves the fish

Uncle Jared came to visit. Mia calls him "Gee" and loved him so much. We are sad he is gone. 

We celebrated all the city celebrations and 4th of july! We went to lots of parades and carnivals and fireworks. 

This was the 4th of july with Kenna and her family in front of her grandpas business on University Ave for the parade. Mia LOVES kenna. We have spend lots of time with Jon and Kenna. I dont know what I would do without those two.

We visited my brother in the hospital who unfortunately had a bummer of a summer in it. 

We went to a park almost every sunday afternoon

Kev and I got out to miller motor sports for a date

we welcomed baby brother into our family! 

We walked around the mall a lot. One night we ran into our favorite people, jon and kenna! love when that happens

McKay met his future wife (hahahaha) McKenna Durfey. The most beautiful baby girl I have ever met. 

our summer was so much fun. and hard. and hot. but it was so much fun. Next summer on our list of things to do is camping, more swimming, go do an internship (hopefully in Kansas so we can stay with my sister) and do some 5k's! Goodbye summer, hellllo fall! 


2 comments:

Papa Doc said...

A great recap of your summer. Amazingly you got through the sickness and pregnancy and could still find some shining moments throughout.

Kira said...

Red Iguana is James and I's favorite. Im impressed with all you did in the summer as well with being sick! Mom Power!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...