Monday, September 30, 2013

My favorite time of year

Fall is my favorite time of year. Sweater weather, yummy smells, soups, cute decorations, treats galore, costumes, changing leaves... All of it! I actually have had my fall decor/halloween decor up since the beginning of September. It seemed like Fall just came on so fast this year though. It went from super hot, to super chilly! Kevin drives the scooter in the summer but its getting too cold to drive it at night now. So, trying to figure out how to share our one car again is not fun :S 

Here are a few of my decorations for fall! 
Below is a shelf I got at DI, Flowers are from the dollar store. I think there are like 3 or 4 bunches in there. I just put them in a mason jar and tied a scrap piece of fabric on it. The tree art was made by me. I cut a tree from my silhouette machine, and the background is burlap. The 'leaves' are buttons. 

The printables are from www.andersruff.blogspot.com. (they are free!) I made the pumpkin a few years ago with my friend Michele. All we did was got the pumpkin at walmart and used tacky glue to glue ribbon down the lines of the pumpkin. Super easy!

I have had this wreath for like 3 years. I just keep taking off the things I put on it and re-vamping it. All I did was wrap a straw wreath with burlap, and make a bow out of chevron fabric (from walmart) and glued it on!

This was SO easy too! I got the wooden letters at hobby lobby. Painted them black. Distressed them a little, and attached the letters with orange ribbon! I saw something like this on pinterest a while ago and so it wasn't my idea. 

Here are a few of my favorite pinterest fall pins! 
this cute pumpkin is only made of cinnamon sticks, and mason jar lids that are spray painted! How easy and cute! It would be a cute centerpiece. Found HERE

now this, looks like such a yummy, EASY treat to make! Whipped cream, butterscotch pudding, candy corn, and chocolate cake! delish! Found HERE

These are so cute and would be pretty easy to make. Found HERE

I am a fan of decorating pumpkins instead of carving. They last much longer! There wasn't a link to this one but it looks pretty self explanatory. 

This is SO cute. I cant wait to have my own house to decorate my porch with some day. Oh how I long to sit on my porch sipping hot cocoa on a big porch swing... There was no link to this picture either. 

Some plans we have for fall this year are: Drive up the canyon to see the leaves changing, go to a pumpkin patch, trick or treating, annual family halloween parties, making lots of yummy fall treats, getting fall family pictures, and carving pumpkins with Jon and Kenna! (we do it every year!) 

What are your plans?



1 comment:

Jess said...

Can you please come decorate my house? Haha! Seriously, you are SO good at crafts and arranging everything! I want to be as crafty as you when I grow up. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...