Friday, August 23, 2013

4 Years! Woot!

Kevin and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on July 31st! It was only 6 days since I had the baby so we knew we couldn't do anything too outrageous. And lets face it, we don't have the money to do so anyway. BUT- the day turned out great! Infact, it was wonderful. My mom came over during her lunch hour to watch our kids while Kevin and I went to lunch at Olive Garden. It was a really nice, quiet lunch with my lover and we talked a lot about the past year and what we see in our future. He ended up having to go to work so our lunch date was all we could get in to celebrate. But it was great. We realized that just being a family and being with our kids is celebrating every day. 


We are so grateful for the wonderful things we have been blessed with in our lives. A job, two beautiful kids, food to eat, a car to drive, a place to live, family who loves us, and the Gospel! Knowing we get to spend eternity together is such a peaceful feeling. I seriously struck gold when I met Kevin. I fell in love with him on our first {awkward} date. I really did. Little did I know, he would fall in love with me too! 
It's been a wild ride with ups and downs. No, our marriage isn't perfect. We have our struggles. But I cannot tell you enough how lucky I feel to have married my amazing husband!! I like to read conference talks on marriage. I feel like they have so much wisdom and teach me so much. Recently, I read "Eternal Marriage" By Elder Burton Howard and my favorite quote he says is:
"If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. … It becomes special because you have made it so."

That is SO true! Kevin always treats me with soft tones, love, patience, kindness, and care. Eternal Marriage is so sacred to me. I love to go back to the temple and do sealing sessions with Kevin so we can be reminded of the covenants we made to eachother. Since we all know Marriage is not easy, we must ALWAYS try diligently to make things work and flow and treat our spouses special. 


They say a true love story never ends. In our case, we have eternity because of the covenants we made in the Salt Lake Temple. I am so glad our love story will never end. It gets to continue to grow bigger, and bigger.

Happy Anniversary Kevin, I love you more than words will ever describe. I am so glad you are mine. Here's to eternity!






3 comments:

kristina said...

I just love reading your blog...you are a wonderful person,though we have never met I can tell how great you are by the way to speak about others. Happy Anniversary!

The Duke said...

You definitely did get a gem in Kevin. I'm glad you married him. He is a very quiet, gentle man. He brings a great balance in your life. And you have two of the most beautiful children I've ever seen.
You are a great match in every way.

Michelle said...

Congrats on 4 years!!! Way to go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...