Monday, July 8, 2013

3 weeks till baby!

Man this baby is coming soon!! 

I went to my OB appointment on Wednesday and I am actually measuring 6 weeks ahead now. I have managed to finally get back up to my pre-pregnancy weight, meaning I haven't gained anything over what I started at. Thats good I guess. The baby is measuring right where he should though, so I just have a big placenta, and extra amniotic fluid. 

The doc checked me and said I was dilated to a 2. The week before I was a 1. So if I keep going at that rate, I may deliver sooner than when he decided to induce me- which is August 1st! He wanted to induce me the 31st of July but thats our anniversary. So I thought I better choose the next day. 

He said he will give me the epidural whenever I want it- which is different than my last delivery because they wouldn't give it to me till I reached a 4 1/2. It took me 6 hours to go from a 2 to a 4 1/2 last time and I think its because I couldnt relax from the pain of the contractions. Once I got the epidural I was able to relax and finally dilate the rest of the way. I am hoping this labor and delivery goes faster than last time, and that the epidural lasts :) 

I am actually more nervous for labor and delivery this time than I was with Mia. I think because I know not every birth is the same, although I can imagine what it will be like now. What if my water breaks in public? What if I go too fast to get an epidural? What if I cant make it to the hospital in time? What if I tear really bad? What if he has to go to the NICU like Mia did? What if I go into labor in the middle of the night- who will take Mia? I have all these questions and fears although I have complete confidence in my doctor. You just never know what to expect. 

I still have a huge list of things to do before the baby comes. I want to make sure my house is spotless so that we dont have to worry about cleaning it when we come home with a new baby. I have lots of things to buy still for the baby. We dont have any newborn diapers.. and Mia was in newborn forever. So we will just have to see how big this baby is! I do have size 1 diapers though thankfully! I need to start working on my list of things to do day by day so I dont get stuck with it all the day before I get induced (that is if he doesnt come before then). 

I am feeling so huge and having so many braxton hicks, and some real contractions mixed in there too. I have been trying to drink water like crazy. LUCKILY- I am not swollen anywhere. I really thought my feet or legs or fingers would get huge with the heat and pregnancy but I dont think I look pregnant anywhere but my belly. That- I am grateful for! 

I am waiting to hear back to see if I have the strep b. hopefully I dont. I didnt have it with Mia. And I am hoping I dont get a bad cold before this delivery either! I had one with Mia and it was really hard to push and find the air I needed.. thus the need for oxygen last time. I still need to pre-register at the hospital before I deliver. I probably better do that tomorrow.. 

We are getting really excited. Kevin has been my life savor this pregnancy. He has been home every day this summer until 2:30 pm because he decided not to take classes this summer semester. So, he gets up with Mia every day, changes her diaper, usually takes her on a jog with him, makes us all breakfast, and lets me sleep in! He has been forcing me to take it easy so that the baby doesnt come early. He sometimes talks to my belly (he would be embarrassed if he knew I wrote that haha) and kisses my belly. I think he cant wait to have a little boy to teach him all he knows. Mia is totally a daddy's girl too though. She loves her daddy so much! When he leaves for work she goes to him and gets a kiss and waves while saying "bye daddy!". Its really cute. 

We still cant decide on a name. And its driving me insane. EVERY name I like, he hates. and he will say he likes a name, then I will decide I like it too, so we stick with it for a week and he decides he hates it. UGH. I have never met someone so picky with names before like he is. 

Wish us luck, its only 3 weeks away from Thursday! 


1 comment:

The Rowlands said...

Good luck! Its so different with the second! Its a little more scary because you kind of know what is coming. My second delivery was half the time of my first, so prepare for it to be faster. So excited for you and can't wait to see the little man!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...