Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's been a long time..

It's been a long time since I have really posted anything. The blog has been the least of my worries! 

Many things have been going on though, and I better update the world as well as document it for myself. 

As I wrote in a couple of posts ago, I am pregnant again. 

Monday, Dec. 3rd, I found out that we are going to be having another baby! Lets rewind a little...

At the beginning of September, Kevin and I were talking about how many kids we want and how long we wanted to wait in between kids. It surprised me so much when he said he was ready now, and that he wanted to continue to have kids and have them close together. If you don't remember, he wasn't quite excited about Mia at first when I told him I was pregnant. Haha. Not that he wasn't excited about HER- but just the thought of having a baby was scary. So, this is a huge change of opinion for him.

He continued to tell me that he wants our children close together so they are good friends and can play with eachother. Also, It will be hard for a few years, but fun when they all get older. We think its really important to be young parents and have energy for our children. So, we prayed about it, and quickly got the answer (like the next day) that we should have me get my IUD out and start trying. 

We were certain it would take another year like Mia did- but decided that if we got pregnant that month that we started trying that we would be OK with it. I was convinced it was going to be another year of trying. I didnt ever have a period after my IUD was out so I thought I better take a test at the beginning of November just to be sure. I wasn't surprised that it said negative, since I never had periods before Mia anyway. Then, thanksgiving break hit. And I started getting cramps. I was at my sisters house in Colorado and felt kinda sick. Certain foods were making me sick to my stomach. I thought maybe I was just getting sick, but then I realized all the symptoms I had were the SAME as the ones I had when I was first pregnant with Mia. Cramping, nausea, frequent urination... And I knew the day we left my sisters that I was pregnant. But I didnt say anything to Kevin about it. 

We came home, and I took another test. I had a few dollar store tests in my bathroom so I infact took two. And both said negative- with a SLIGHT positive line. So I really wasn't sure. Kevin said I wasn't, and that I needed to stop stressing about it. Well, my birthday weekend came, and our friends invited us to go to her cabin up in fairview. It was a blast- 4 wheeling, food, hot tub and pond swimming, games... AND a birthday cake for me! It was awesome. But, while there, I noticed I was really bothered and just emotional. I had no idea why I was so sad because I was having a wonderful time. I tried to hide it until I got in the shower after hot tubbing one night and I just sobbed. I then knew, again.. I had to be pregnant. I even told everyone, "Gosh! I am such a nutcase this weekend! I am so sensitive about everything, I know I am pregnant I just know it." Of course no one believed me and they all just laughed.. like good excuse. :) 

My doctor had previously told me when I got my IUD out that she wanted to see me in Dec. if I hadn't had a period by then. I guess 3 months without a period when trying to get pregnant isn't a good sign :) Plus, with all my background of not having any and not ovulating- she wanted to just do a check up. So, we get home Sunday (Dec. 2nd) and I remembered my doctors appointment was set for Wed, Dec. 5th for a check up. I told Kevin I wanted to take another test to be sure but he said to just wait for my doctor appointment since I would have to get a test there anyway. 

Well, Monday comes (the next day) and Ally came over. I told her all about it- and we decided to go to walmart and get an expensive test and see what it said! Sure enough, the line was DARK as night! I was totally pregnant! I screamed, cried a little, and that made Mia cry because I think she was scared at my reaction hahahaha. I was so happy. I called Kevin, and he was really excited too. But kinda laughed at the fact that I couldn't wait till I went to the doctor to take another test. So at this point, I am thinking, I have no idea how far along I am? Maybe just 3 or 4 weeks? Maybe 6 weeks? 

Wednesday, I went to the doctor and got a vaginal ultrasound. They couldn't see the baby yet, but I tested positive for being pregnant so the doctor thought I was 4 weeks along. I was to come back in 3 1/2 weeks (on Christmas Eve) to get another ultrasound to see how far along I really was. Sure enough, the sickness hit me that week- when I was 4 weeks along. I've been throwing up ever since. I've lost 11 pounds, and been on zofran and phenegran, and drinking tons of water and trying to eat every hour and its terrible. I wont lie, I have totally peed my pants while throwing up already (I know. gross.) and I am already showing, big. The funniest (and maybe most hurtful) question I get asked is if this baby was planned/an accident. Of COURSE the baby was planned. And even if it wasn't, I would still be happy and grateful. And, why do people have to ask questions like that? I know I am gonna get lots of people commenting (because I already have had a lot) about how hard its going to be and how crazy I am to do it close together... but we prayed about it, we knew it was the right thing, and Its ME Who is the mom, and ME and Kev who will be raising them, not anyone else :) 

So far, I have not been as tired. And I have not had a migraine since Christmas, when I got a blessing from my brother and Husband. Gotta love the priesthood! I have been able to get up, and go about my day, even though its been incredibly hard. I have a reason to get up- my little Mia! She makes it worth it. I have been blessed to have some great friends and family help take care of her when I need a nap or help with my dishes or a ride to the grocery store and I so appreciate everyone's help! At this time pregnant with Mia, I had already had two IV's- and this time around I haven't had any so far! I am able to keep down enough liquid to help me not get dehydrated. 

Mia loves little kids and I think she will adore her new sibling. I think its a boy, and Kevin thinks its a girl. We have now heard the heartbeat and saw a clear view of the little baby tadpole and the yolk sac. Doc says everything looks great. 

I am excited to start feeling the baby move. I sometimes think I have felt the baby move already but I know its early, since I am only 11 weeks along. and we are so looking forward to the END of this pregnancy... hahaha.. only 29 weeks away! :) 




1 comment:

Steph said...

Motherhood seems to agree with you and i think you will do awesome! Mia is so adorable can't wait to see what your next little babe looks like!! Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...