Thursday, December 27, 2012

dear miagirl,

Dear Mia,

The last time I wrote on here was the day before you were born! I didn't think you would be born two weeks early, but I guess it was good I got the hospital bag packed that night! :)

I just want you to know how happy you make me. I always wanted to be a mommy- but now I know how amazing and rewarding being a mommy is. It truly is the best thing in the world! I remember the minute you came out and feeling so relieved that you had made here here safe. It was a beautiful moment that I will never forget.

Sometimes, when you are sleeping, I go in your room and stare at you in awe. You are so beautiful! You smile alot in your sleep- so that makes me laugh.

You have changed so much over the last 10 months of your life. You have gone from sleeping all day to sitting up, to crawling, to standing! From tiny little thing to such a big girl who always is smiling, clapping her hands, laughing, and waving. I never thought a baby would make your dad and I so happy, but we lay up every single night laughing about things you did through out the day. We talk about you and your future and how much you have grown. We are so grateful for you and love you so much.

Your dad has you wrapped around his finger. I knew he would. He doesn't like to let you cry or be sad, and he always goes in your room to check on you when he gets home from work before he even gives me a kiss! He gets up with you in the morning and lets you play with him while he makes breakfast for us every day. You are lucky to have a daddy who cares so much about you.

I have so many things I love about you. I love when I go to get you up in the morning or after a nap that you smile from ear to ear and wave at me. It always makes me smile. I love your long eyelashes, and your cute two bottom teeth. I love that you sing, and that you can give kisses. Your kisses are the BEST kisses! Every night at bedtime before I put you down, I sing to you and snuggle you. While I do that, you take your hand and put it on my face and rub my nose. Its my favorite thing in the world.

Now, we are pregnant with another baby and you are going to be a big sister! Your daddy and I wanted you two to be close so you would always have a best friend to play with. We are excited to see how you interact with the new baby and know you will love the baby just as much as you love us. You will be the prefect big sister- especially since you are always so happy!

Mia, thanks for coming into our lives. You will forever be my baby girl. I will love you forever, and like you for always.. as long as I'm living (and even after) my baby you'll be.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

The Rowlands said...

She will be such a sweet big sister! It is so nice because being that young they don't really understand what is going on when you bring the new baby home. When we brought Ava home Livi had no problem. She still to this day has no problem with her sis. Sure there are a few jelousy issues from time to time but nothing I can't handle. Everyone tells me that it is hard now but so worth it when they are at the age where they can really play together. I've found as the baby gets a little older things get much easier. I'm sure it is differnt for everyone. You are probably the type that it will be easy from day one. I'm super excited for you! There is nothing better than having another sweet baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...