Thursday, November 1, 2012

Just call me fatty

I HAD to go shopping tonight, because my one and only pair of jeans that I fit into got a rip in the crotch area.. so it was time. Shopping for myself is not something I enjoy one bit. I would rather shop for Mia, Kevin, or for home decorations/crafts. 

So, I put Mia to bed at 7:30 and asked my neighbor Mikale to come sit with Mia while she was sleeping. (Thank you Mikale, you are the best!!) I headed over to the University Mall in Orem and went to Forever 21 first. They have jeans for $10.80 so I wanted to check there first. A super nice worker helped me pick out a ton of cute clothes, mostly some that I would have never picked (I have no sense of style) and I was so excited to try them on! 

The only size of jeans that fit me were 31's. Oh my gosh. So so sad. I remember being a 27 in high school.. They were skinny jeans, which I wanted to go with boots for the winter. I decided to get them. I had a ton of sweaters to try on- literally 10.. and not ONE of them looked good on me. I wanted to cry right then and there in the dressing room! They all just truly showed how fat I really am right now.. the most I have ever weighed in my life.. I weigh what I weighed when I delivered Mia. Well, 4 pounds less. That depresses me. I ended up only getting the skinny jeans. 

Then, I headed over to Down East. I tried on some of their jeans, and their 31's didnt even fit me. :( I had to buy 34's! Seriously, you have no idea what that did for my self esteem. I am bigger than my husband, who wears a 32. So Depressed. 

If that wasn't bad enough, I went into the Children's Place to look for some shoes for Mia and one lady that worked there was helping me. She said "So how far along are you?" I said, oh... I am not pregnant. She replied "Oh sorry, I'm not calling you fat." Um, ok. you should have stopped talking a long time ago lady. Gosh. I was literally trying to hold back the tears. I said "Oh its fine. I guess I deserve it for being the fattest I have ever been in my life."

I will never go shopping for myself again until I turn anorexic. 

kidding. 

but really. no shopping for me. And looks like its time to hit the gym. 3 times a day, 7 times a week.


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry! :( I hate shopping for myself too - shopping for cute little kids who look adorable in anything is so much more enjoyable. And bleh on the Children's Place employee!

The Rowlands said...

Shopping is the worst!! I would much rather buy for my girlies. They look cute in everything!! You are so beautiful and a great little mommy. It's so easy to get down on ourselves. You will loose your weight with time.... Just know I think you are beautiful. Hope that kinda helps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...