Monday, October 29, 2012

I need to vent.

this is totally a vent dramatic post and can be read kinda mean. I just have to get it out of my head... so dont read it if you hate venting. I havent vented for a long time on here!

oh.my.glory. 
Drama... quotes

this quote is my life right now. 
We have had some friends that seriously make us feel like crap every time we leave from hanging out with them. We feel not good enough. We feel poor. We feel left out. We feel talked about. We feel like they are all just sooo negative and like its a competition between them. Oh my gosh, its just a joke. For my own mental health, its time to just leave all the people who make me unhappy! 

Kev and I need to go through a friend 'clean up' session. Seriously. Have you ever been good friends with people and then all the sudden its just weird and you don't click anymore? Then they start talking behind your back but act like they didn't do anything when they see you? And have you ever heard the husband to be the one that starts all the drama? oh man. We have seen it all. 

We seriously were talking in the car the other day about how we just could care less about some so called 'friends'.. That sounds so harsh... but how can you call people who are so completely rude behind your back your friends? The funny part is when they tell other people about it and then those people tell us, because they like us. oh my goodness. I thought highschool was over? 

We are so blessed to have a ton of other friends that we love and dont have drama with! 

I have just been so annoyed lately. Every corner Kevin and I turn we hear something new, or something is blown out of proportion and him and I just laugh- and really just have to say "seriously?" We have come to the conclusion that some people never grow up, and some people thrive on starting drama and thrive on living in the drama. I may be someone that is dramatic because of my personality but I really do not like to be part of it. This is when Kevin and I just pull away and find new friends.

It's time. Anyone else experienced this, when they were really close to someone and then you realize in the end that you are truly different than them and don't click anymore? Sometimes I am sad when that happens but this time, to be honest, I am not sad one bit. just a little mad at things said about him and I. You can talk all the crap you want about me, but if it involves my husband- its over. 

Because life is too short to be anything but happy. 

vent. over. 



5 comments:

the hintons said...

I totally get how you feel! Its crazy how much people can change! Some people just never grow up it seems! Thanks for posting this so I know I'm not the only one who feels this way about friends!

Mrs.Danielle.Warren said...

I'm glad you vented; it would be terrible if you kept all of that inside you!
I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time with all of this :( You're right, life is too short to be anything but happy & I hope that you are starting to feel better. I know we have never been close (I am terrible at keeping friends & putting myself out there) but I do want you to know that I love you! I love you & your little family! You will have tons of comments or texts from your real friends probably all saying that because it's all true!
Keep you're head up Gill!

The Duke said...

Gillian, I have something for you to read that might help you. It addresses this very issue and it's very insightful. Remind me when you get up to our place and I'll give it to you.

Kira said...

I've had it happen. Even on my blog! People whom I've called friends putting me AND my husband down. It's hard not to let it affect you honestly. All sorts of emotions come over. Anger, doubt, sadness, but then you realize that if someone is so low that they think they need to insult you to make them feel better about themselves then clearly have sympathy and forgiveness, because that's just really really sad. Forgiving is hard, but after you have, life is much more easy and doable. It doesn't mean you have to be friends with them, it just means you're not going to let control how you feel about yourself or life. :) Good luck!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Venting is a good thing, for it helps you journal how you are really feeling. I have found that in my short life that there are just some friends that are just not friends, they are fake. You will find the True friends are those who are holding your hair back when you are throwing up, who show up at the hospital when you are having surgery, who are with you at your lowest and still love you for who you are. I have come across many people who are like what you describe above and they are just not worth it to make you sad or hang around. I would just not plan on being around them anymore and plan more time with those who you have happy moments with that treat you as you should be treated. I hope things get better for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...