Tuesday, August 14, 2012

thankful



this surgery was not as bad as I anticipated it to be for a few reasons. And for that, I am thankful! 
3 days after surgery. 

pretty swollen and BOY does it hurt... but lookin good. 
 I have been blessed by others serving us in so many ways. We have been getting dinner brought to us since Thursday, and had people watching Mia when Kevin has to go to work. I have had visitors, some even brought flowers. I've been lucky to be able to borrow my mom's ice machine (life saver!), I've been brought Diet Coke and cookies, and I've had texts wishing me well. 

I was so so worried going into this that I would be on crutches for at least a week. I can walk pretty good right now, as long as I only walk for like 2 minutes :) I can carry Mia now and walk around with her today, which is awesome because she is so needy and needs to be held like all the time. 

I wont count out the fact that it still hurts really bad, and I am still on pain medicine, and can't bend my leg all the way or straighten it all the way... but its better than I thought it would be. 


so, for that, 


thanks to the people who have helped out. you know who you are :)

1 comment:

Jess and Jen said...

That's a sweet post! I'm glad you've had so much help! -Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...