Saturday, August 11, 2012

surgery

I got knee surgery on Thursday  Aug. 9th. It went really well! Originally they thought I had a torn meniscus but when they went in, my meniscus looked pretty good. They did take out a flap of cartlidge behind my knee cap that was getting caught on some other ligaments and causing pain, as well as pulled on my ACL to make sure that is nice and strong. I also had a cyst in my knee cap, and I think they got rid of that too. I have crutches to use for a few days. I am suppossed to keep it elevated for 3 to 4 days and take it easy. My mom brought over her ice machine that she used for her knee replacement and that has been a life saver! 

Kevin moved our TV into our room and our PS3 too, so I can stay entertained.. although I keep sleeping because the pain meds knock me out haha. He has been taking care of Mia and I so well! Bringing me food, getting me ice for my knee, fluffing my pillows, putting Mia to bed, bathing her, feeding her, changing her diapers... its been awesome. 

My knee hurts way bad. I cant put like any pressure on it without wanting to cry. But, I am sure it will be better in no time. 

My little buddy has been chillin on the bed next to me. Every time I drink from my water bottle, she steals it and wants a drink too! 

so silly

Kevin has to go back to work Monday... I will have to find somewhere to go hang out because I obviously cant be on crutches and carry Mia at the same time. bummer. Can't wait to snuggle my Mia girl when I feel better! 


3 comments:

Alexis Kaye said...

That would be tough! Hope you recover quickly

Michelle said...

I hope you recover very quickly. Wish we lived closer so I could help you.

Megan Wynn Volnoff said...

Praying for a quick recover! Didn't God orchestrate that formula switch just in time? Can you imagine breastfeeding through this? God is good and He will heal you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...