Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mia is 4 months old!

Mia is 4 months old! 

She is 11lbs 14oz. (8th percentile) and 25 inches long (80th percentile) 

She has hair on her toes (I need to get a picture of that!)

She loves lights and anything visually stimulating that she can follow with her eyes.

She is now trying to roll over from back to tummy, and is getting really close!

She talks ALL day long. She almost sounds like shes crying, but its a yell/sing that she does and its so funny. She definitely has a set of lungs on her!

She now has tried rice cereal. She isn't so sure about it. The doctor said I could start solids with her when we went to her 4 month appointment because she seems to be very advances, so we tried it. She has gotten better at eating it in the last couple of days but still isn't sure she likes the taste. 

She mostly only breastfeeds morning a couple of times and once before bed. She for some reason wont breast feed very well during the day... So we have to supplement her a little. And I am about ready to give up on breastfeeding. It doesnt hurt me but she will only suck for a minute or two then pull off. She does this the whole feeding (only during the day time). I think its because she is distracted, so then I will try to go into a quiet dark room, and that doesnt work either. I have tried a million things including trying to fit pumping into my daily schedule but my time with her is more valuable than trying to pump before/after each feeding. Its not worth it to me. I would rather play with her and pay attention to her than be stuck to a pump all day.  She also will randomly refuse to breastfeed sometimes. I think its because I don't let down fast enough. I always have enough milk right when we wake up in the morning and before she goes to bed, so those feedings are the easiest. But day time is a whole other story! So, I may only breast feed morning and night from now on. We will see how things pan out. I know I will get lots of judgement passed on to me for doing that but I am her mom and I know what works best for us. And I am not a bad mom if I have to give her formula. So I hope others dont pass judgement on to other moms who formula feed too because for some kids breastfeeding just isn't ideal. Obviously I love breastfeeding and would rather do that, but we don't live in a perfect world with perfect situations do we? 

Mia is sticking EVERYTHING in her mouth! She is so good at grabbing on to toys and blankets, and basically everything she can get her hands on. She loves her teething toy and her rattle. 

She still hates the carseat and cries every time we get in the carseat and car. she will throw a fit! 

She loves swimming and bathtime still. 

She tries to hold the bottle all by her self. So crazy that she is already trying to do that!

Still sleeping through the night. 

She is finally giggling! She doesn't do it consistently yet, but if you get her going, she will giggle so loud. I need to get this on video, its the cutest thing in the world. 

She still wears newborn pants, although they are capris on her now. They finally fit her around the waist! She wears 0-3 onesies, and some 3-6 onesies. Her shoe size is still newborn. 

I had to give her her first haircut. I only cut a little strip in the back. It was sooo long, growing like a weed! She had a major mullet. Haha. 

She is always making funny expressions. And, every time I go to kiss her she opens her mouth. Its so cute. 

Mia is totally a sweetheart and we love her so much. She is always making us laugh and smile. I continually thank my Heavenly Father for sending such a precious little girl to us! Happy 4 months honey bun, you are the cutest baby ever!






2 comments:

The Duke said...

I think she is adorable and love to see her smile. I love her facial expressions. She brings everybody a little piece of joy.

Mary Lynn Patten said...

Mia is adorable! I love her hair! You look great to lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...