Tuesday, May 22, 2012

a look back

I just got some more pictures from the day Mia was born from my mom. These pictures were the ones she took before I had my epidural... haha. Lots of pain! I was looking at these tonight and remembering how much pain I was in. I have almost totally forgotten about that pain I went through because it just all have been so worth it. 

My mom had to take a picture of my contractions on the screen. 

The view outside my room, so pretty. 

Large and in charge. With no makeup, and hair crazzzzzy. 

More contractions... Gosh. They hurt. So. Bad. I couldn't talk to anyone in the room or move! 

Trying to sit up to relieve some of the pain. 

I was so glad Kevin was there... He helped me so much! I would grab his hand or my moms hand when I had a contraction and would have to just BREATHE and TRY To relax. (yeah right, try relaxing with a contraction. Its way too hard) 

This was when they were trying to give me the IV. I got poked 7 times by 4 different nurses because they couldn't get a vein! I was too dehydrated. 

My dad came to bring my mom her nice camera, and I had just thrown up. He came in all chipper and wanting to talk but I just could not talk. All I wanted was the throw up bag by me, quiet, and a wet rag on my head!

Anyway, my point in even posting this was that I honestly had to look at these pictures to even remember how hard it was. It's amazing how quickly all the pain and hard things you go through over the 9 months kind of diminish from your mind once the baby comes. Every day I look at Mia and just think, WOW! That was totally worth it! I would do it a million times over just to have her forever! 

Although it's been a couple of rough days with her and she has been sick, I am so grateful that I have her. Through all the tears, she is still my favorite little girl and I am glad to have her in my life.  

I love you miss mia! you were worth the contractions, throwing up, constipation (haha), back pains, weight gain, stretch marks, healing after the fact, and tiredness. You were worth it a million times over. I hope you stay my best friend forever. 

love, mommy

1 comment:

Clayton and Malae Talley said...

Eeek this was too cute!! Jill I can't wait to be a mama. I am scared out of my mind to give birth, but I know it will all be worth it. Thanks for the reminder. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...