Wednesday, May 23, 2012

knee surgery

well, I had my visit with the orthopedic surgeon today.

Looks like I am due for surgery.

He said he thinks I have a meniscus tear again, as well as Patellar Tendinitis . I also possibly have some messed up cartilage underneath my knee cap that needs to be cleaned up. He wants to do a scope, but I am not sure when I will get it done because of the baby. I told him I only had a 3 month old and didn't want to stop breastfeeding yet and didn't know how I would work it all out. He said that I could get an MRI, see how extensive the injury is, and that way we will be able to figure out how long the recovery will be. That way, I can decide if I want to do it now, or wait till Mia gets a few months older or I have enough milk supply to feed her that while I am out of commission.

I am not sure I can wait much longer, so for now, I am just having faith that it will not hurt in the meantime and that the MRI doesn't show the injury to be as bad as it seems. I am almost positive I will still have to get surgery no matter what, (thats what the doc said) I just don't know when yet.

I am super bummed out about it, but I know everything will work out. I have lots of friends and family who are around and I know they would all be more than willing to help. I also think it helps that I have had knee surgery before to fix a torn meniscus so I know a little of what the recovery will be like at least. That makes me feel more prepared- although maybe scared too since it wasn't that fun of a recovery...

Curse my bad knees.. at least I have legs that let me walk though. That is something to be grateful for.

For now, I am wearing a leg sleeve thing to hold it together and hopefully help with the pain. My MRI is next Thursday. Wish me luck! Update to come soon...

3 comments:

Jason said...

Good luck. Knee pain is almost as bad as back pain. Not fun at all.

Alyssa said...

ooooo yikes! there was some one at my school who the docs thought it was tentenits but actually she had an extra bone in her foot

Eric and Justine said...

I just had a emergency surgery and I have a one month old. You just have to pump and dump for 24 hours then you are good to feed her again. Your supply will go down a little bit but it will go back up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...