well, I had my visit with the orthopedic surgeon today.
Looks like I am due for surgery.
He said he thinks I have a meniscus tear again, as well as Patellar Tendinitis . I also possibly have some messed up cartilage underneath my knee cap that needs to be cleaned up. He wants to do a scope, but I am not sure when I will get it done because of the baby. I told him I only had a 3 month old and didn't want to stop breastfeeding yet and didn't know how I would work it all out. He said that I could get an MRI, see how extensive the injury is, and that way we will be able to figure out how long the recovery will be. That way, I can decide if I want to do it now, or wait till Mia gets a few months older or I have enough milk supply to feed her that while I am out of commission.
I am not sure I can wait much longer, so for now, I am just having faith that it will not hurt in the meantime and that the MRI doesn't show the injury to be as bad as it seems. I am almost positive I will still have to get surgery no matter what, (thats what the doc said) I just don't know when yet.
I am super bummed out about it, but I know everything will work out. I have lots of friends and family who are around and I know they would all be more than willing to help. I also think it helps that I have had knee surgery before to fix a torn meniscus so I know a little of what the recovery will be like at least. That makes me feel more prepared- although maybe scared too since it wasn't that fun of a recovery...
Curse my bad knees.. at least I have legs that let me walk though. That is something to be grateful for.
For now, I am wearing a leg sleeve thing to hold it together and hopefully help with the pain. My MRI is next Thursday. Wish me luck! Update to come soon...