Sunday, March 25, 2012

owl paintings, baby stats, and city creek

Before Mia was born I called my sister Adrianne and asked her if she would paint something for Mia's room. Since we aren't able to paint our walls, I thought a few canvas paintings would be super cute and add color. I sent her a picture of the baby bedding I had and told her to paint whatever she wanted. I got them in the mail a little bit ago and hung them up right away! I am in love with them. 

In fact, Kevin came home and asked me where I bought them. I said, well my sister painted them! He then said "Really? Wow!" They match perfectly. Thanks Adrianne! I LOVE them! Best present ever. :)

Being a mommy has been great so far. Sorry that's all I blog about now.. I guess my life is consumed by pink and diapers and milk comas and baby talk! Mia is so funny. I put her on her tummy for tummy time and she will just lay her head right down and relax. She actually has a really strong head already because when I lay her on my chest she always pulls her head back to look up at me. It takes alot to get this girl to stop moving and relax. She sounds like her mommy!

I have been enjoying dressing her up and making a few headbands. I had tons of headbands that were given to me by friends and such but none of them fit her yet... So, the other day I had to make a few.
The other day my sister Chelsey and her kids Sarah and Jake came down to provo and took Mia, me, my mom, and my sister Kaitlin out to lunch. We went to Panda Express. It was yummy and fun to get out and visit! I dressed Mia up all cute and put in one of the headbands I made. When we came home from lunch she was making all sorts of silly faces so I had to take a few pictures.
 And, I got one of her flaring her nostrils, which she does all the time!

She had her dr. appointment on Thursday and she is a very healthy baby! She now weighs 8lbs 3 oz. and is 20.5 inches long. She is in the 33rd percentile for weight and 44th for height. She has a blocked tear duct on her left eye (poor thing) that will hopefully resolve on it's own soon. She is eating great and pooping all the freaking time. Haha. She just started getting baby acne, pretty bad. Hopefully that will go away soon too. She loves her binky, and has decided the last two nights that sleeping for 4 hours at a time is not cool anymore. She woke up every hour from 5-11am this morning. awesome. Haha. Luckily I have Kevin to help me on the weekends! 

Kevin and I went up to City Creek with Mia last night. It was such nice weather yesterday so we figured it would be a good day to get out. I had major anxiety once we were there though, so many people, so many germs... ah! We kept her covered the whole entire time. Luckily she slept almost the whole time we were there too. They have all kinds of fun stores like Coach, Tiffany's, BCBG, H&M, Love Culture, Forever 21, Gymbore, and lots more. The landscaping and architecture is amazing! It had too many people there though, so I think I will wait to go back till the newness has died off.. It was a fun date though, so thanks babe for taking us!!

here are some pics of city creek I got on google images:









7 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love the bedroom!♥ the owls are darling :)

Mrs.Danielle.Warren said...

I'm glad you guys got to be able to go! Hopefully I can talk Andrew into going in a few months, we're not big on crowds either.
It was sooo nice to see you yesterday! I can't wait to actually hold your little one! lol One day I will not be sick!

Dave and Tana said...

Wow Adrianne did an amazing job with those owl pictures. I love them. Very cute! I have looked online at a lot of art for baby/kid rooms and it is not cheap, I agree...an awesome gift. Mia is beautiful. I want to meet her so bad!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Now she has company when she decides to be a night owl! ;) Glad you like them.

Lokodi said...

I keep hearing people talk about City Creek. Is that a new shopping center by the Temple in Salt Lake?

I really like the headbands you made. I still can't get over all that hair. I have to send that box off. I'm so sorry I still haven't done it. I have been quite busy lately but I'll try and squeeze in a trip to the post office soon. In fact, I haven't even checked my mail in about three weeks. How pathetic am I?

I'm glad you guys are getting out with Mia. Keep it up girl! Love you.

Lindsey

Michelle said...

Love the owl paintings, so nicely done and they look great in the room. Mia is adorable and her bows are cute too.

Melanie Fox said...

gill where in the world did you find your crib bedding its darling?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...