Sunday, February 12, 2012

gettin things done and a great weekend

I had a family/elk ridge friends baby shower yesterday that was AMAZING! I will post pictures once I get them from my sister in law. Meanwhile, I am busy sorting through everything I have for the baby now and getting things in order. I took a picture of a few of the things I have that I was given. 

First off, my sister in law Jen gave me this awesome carseat and made the carseat cover! Her little boy just turned a year old in November and has grown out of the carseat. So, she gave it to me. It's in really great condition and the carseat cover is SO Cute with it!!! Thank you so much Jess and Jen!


I finally made a bow holder for the baby's room. We already had all the supplies (even the frame which Kevin made at work a long time ago when he was at C.R) so this didn't cost me a penny! 

look at all those cute bows... 

I have lots of blankets now! I will have to take individual pictures of them all this week sometime because all of them are super cute. These are just hangin out in the crib for now till I get things all the way put away. 

Ally and I started making some tissue balls to hang above the crib. I love them! They are so cute. I will post a picture once I finish making the other ones and hang them all up. 

Rhonda Salcido, my childhood bestie's mom, made this amazing diaper bag for me. I LOVE IT! It's soooo cute and girly. I even filled it up already. :)

diapers, diaper wipe case, desitin, binkies, a nursing cover, a toy, a mini blanket thing, an extra onsie.. fun stuff. 

Here is my overflow of diaper supplies. All size newborn or 1. So, I do need some bigger sizes. But luckily we were given some money at my shower so that money will go towards diapers. 

Hopefully by the end of this week all her clothes will be washed, organized by size, hung up or folded and put away, the rest of the decorations I made will get put up in the room, and I can post pictures of it all. I just want to thank everyone SO much for giving us so many things to help us get started on this parenting journey. I can never thank you all enough. 

Besides baby things, Kev and I had a quick date last night. We had a gift card to wingers (thanks Kevin and Kylee!!) so we used that to eat with and then rented "real steel" from redbox. It was a really good movie! I fell asleep in his arms, awesomeness. I love spending time with him. He has been working so much the last few days and I really haven't seen much of him so it was nice to have a few hours together alone last night. Today, we put a roast in the crockpot before we left for church and then enjoyed a DELICIOUS roast, mashed potatoes, and carrots for dinner. It was so nice to have a home cooked meal... I don't do much of cooking lately. haha. I took a nap while Kev did some homework and then when I woke up we watched some funny youtube videos on the ellen show. 

This week is V-day, and Kevin has to work. But thats ok, because he doesn't have school that day and so we have all morning together till he goes into work at 3. Maybe I will make him breakfast in bed... ? 

More to come..

3 comments:

Dave and Tana said...

You got some great stuff! Wish I could have been there! I think you will be okay in the diaper department...it takes awhile before they get to size two.

The Thomas Family said...

We got tons of Newborn diapers when we had Morgan and she only wore them for 2 weeks (keep in mind she was 9lbs 4oz) We learned Walmart and Babies R Us will take unopened packages back without a receipt. :)

Mrs. Montemayor said...

I love the bow holder! So dang cute...and way better than a store bought one! I made my own as well...just couldn't find anything in the stores or on Etsy that was just PERFECT for the nursery!

P.S. You are due just a day before me! March babies are the best! ;) I def. know how you feel about being ready for the next few weeks to fly by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...