Wednesday, January 11, 2012

a lil update at 31.5 weeks prego

*I posted this on the baby blog, but I thought I would post it here too.*

Before I get into the post, I have to put this picture of my sweet neice Laila that passed away in July. I was looking at pictures on my computer today and found this picture of her. She is just the most beautiful baby in the world! I love her cute little smile. People tell me that she looks like me a little- but that is funny to me. I don't think she does. But I guess because my sister and I look alike I can see where people get that thought? Just had to share- we took these the month before she passed away. A memory I will never forget! I often think about her and remember how big she smiled! She also snuggled me the night we took these pictures alot. She was supposed to go to sleep, but she wasn't sleeping when I put her down, she would fuss. So, I just held her and she would fall asleep in my arms. I remember feeling so lucky I got to babysit her while my sister and her hubby went out to dinner- (they were visiting Utah from CO where they live.) What a fun memory for me to have of her. Miss you Laila faith!

Anyway, Kevin and I have some friends Jon and Kenna, who got this crib from our other friends Landon and Michelle's aunt. They decided to give it to us for xmas, and came and set it up for us even! I love it! It's in perfect condition and they even gave us the mattress too. I will be forever grateful to them for helping us out. Thank you SO much Jon, Kenna, Landon, Michelle, and Landon's aunt who it came from. 

I bought this fabric so I can make the baby a blanket. I figure she has to have a blanket made by her mommy! I love this fabric. I got it at Hobby Lobby. 

I also bought a bundle of flannel fat quarters to make some baby bibs/burp cloths with. 

Here is a picture of my bump today. I have to vent about my bump for a second. 

First off, I showed a bump pretty early. The doc said part of it was because of the way I was carrying her and because of how she was laying. She was breech till like 28 weeks. But, I have only gained 15 pounds now- which the doctor said was really good. I have about 8 weeks left, so if I continue to gain a pound a week which is recommended, I will come out at gaining about 22 or 23 pounds. (Which is great! Some people gain between 30-50 pounds and even more sometimes. Everyone is different though.) When I went in last week to my appointment, I had only gained ONE pound. It had been 3 1/2 weeks since my last appointment and the gap between it included Christmas, AND New Years. 

So go me for not putting on a ton of weight over that time! I have been really proud of my weight gain because I lost 14 pounds before I got prego only to find out it was all going to be back soon! Haha. But, its all for a good cause. Also, I can still fit in ALL of my regular jeans. I just have to wear them a tiny bit lower, but they all still fit and don't feel tight on my legs or bum. I don't feel like I have gained the weight anywhere else besides right in my belly. 

So, when people say "WOW! When are you due?!" or "You REALLY popped!" or "You are huge!" or 'Wait, how far along are you again? Aren't you due like any day? You look like it!"  I kinda get mad because although I think and feel that way, I still for the most part feel great about the way I look and actually enjoy having a bump. When people say things like that, it kind makes me second guess it and think.. "oh man, I need to stop eating as much... or I am so fat... or why didn't she show till the end? or How come I am so big compared to others?" But then I have to remember... Everyone carries their babies different, and every baby weighs different, and everyone's bodies are different. It's just kind of funny to me how much women complain about the fact that people say things like above statements such as "you really popped" to them when they are pregnant but when they aren't pregnant they think it's ok to repeat it to others who are.. does that make sense? I just have to laugh it off and just remember how much I hated/hate when people say things like that to me while pregnant so that I don't say things like that to other pregnant woman. We all know how hormonal we are... :) There are the nice people though that tell me I don't look pregnant from the back, or that I have cute maternity clothes, or that my bump is cute, and those people really make my day. hahaha. Even if they aren't telling me the truth, it helps me feel good about myself which is important to me. 

So, venting over, here is my 'bump' today, 31.5 weeks along, and loving my bump. Yep. I love having a bump. I love the fact that you can tell I am pregnant and I don't just have a flabby belly. Although I hate the fact that I have thrown up the entire pregnancy, had major constipation, had such low iron that I almost passed out in walmart the other day, have a jammed pelvis in my back since it rotated too much to make room for the baby, that I can't sleep or sit on the floor, that I have to pee non-stop, I still love being pregnant. I love the fact that I am going to be a MOMMY! I love that I already love this baby more than my own life. I love that when I sing she kicks. I love the brown line I have down the middle of my tummy. I love the fact that I can feel my baby's bum above my belly button pushing against my skin till I bump it out of the way. I love the kicks I feel. I love that I can see her move when I watch my belly. I have loved watching my belly grow from week to week. I love that I only have 2 months left. I love that I have been lucky enough not to get swollen feel yet. I love that my blood pressure has been AMAZING through out this whole pregnancy. I love that the heart beat is nice and strong. I love seeing my baby on the ultrasounds. I love that I passed my glucose test. I LOVE my baby. 

last, but not least, I ordered my baby bedding. I just couldn't find any bedding that was red and turquoise that was not expensive... and I just couldn't get around to making it myself. I wasn't going to go with pink, but I fell in love with this bedding. 

It should be here tomorrow! Can't wait to wash it and then put it on her crib! Also, the two owl paintings my sister Adrianne said she would paint. She is a very talented artist and I can't wait to see what she comes up with. Thanks again Adrianne for doing that!!

Well, that's all of an update I have for you. Getting super excited- really.. it puts a smile on my face to think of how close I am to becoming a mother and holding this sweet baby girl in my arms. 

8 comments:

Michelle and Landon said...

Yay, I'm glad Jon and Kenna got that crib over to your guys place, I'm supper bummed we were not able to come with them and help set it up! It will look great with the bedding you picked!

The Duke said...

Watching you through this pregnancy has been like seeing it for the first time with fresh eyes. It is so fun to see your amazement and joy! You are going to be one fantastic mom - I just know it. Thanks for sharing all the fun and awful moments of this journey. We are excited for you, too.

The Thomas Family said...

Ahh I love your cute bump! I think you look fantastic! I try to remember all the crazy obnoxious things people said to me when I was pregnant so I hope I've never said anything! Oh and your baby bedding is adorable!! I love the owls!

Alex and Becca said...

Oh my goodness you look incredibly. Seriously you rock that bump. And I love the bedding!! Do you need help decorating the room?? What can I do?? Also email me the list of people for the shower!! Love ya!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Fun bump. Fun bedding. The owls will hopefully look cute. But that baby, she's the cutest.

Jacob and Melanie Hopkinson said...

You are the cutest preggo. I must be crazy, because I love that people tell me I look huge! haha I started showing really early, too and people would ask me if I was having twins. They are also surprised to find out I still have over 2 months to keep growing. Luckily I am the same way, I haven't gained much weight anywhere else...yet. Otherwise it would probably bug me. But I agree completely, I love being pregnant even with the crap that comes with it :) Cute bedding by the way! Ours just came today so I am anxiously waiting for it to dry so I can set it all up! Have fun!

Alexis Kaye said...

Love the bedding and YOU look great! don't listen to all the crazies ;)

Jennifer said...

your little niece looks like such a sweet little girl! I'm sorry for your family's loss of her.


I am excited to see your photos of your bedding all finished! and put up! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...