Wednesday, May 18, 2011

keep calm...

it seems like as of late, I have been really needing to tell myself to keep CALM and let things roll of my shoulder. Just because I am on a pill to help make me happy, doesnt mean I always am. It's an every day challenge to look at the positive side of life and like the motto says, keep calm and carry on! I am still trying to learn lots of ways to counter act my anxiety and let things go that have come and gone.. but it's hard! I thought I could make me a reminder to look at every day to remember that I am strong and can carry on through anything if I put my mind to it. 

Also, you might have noticed I changed the name of our blog. I named it "Keeping It Real". I have said this time and time again, I love reading blogs that share raw emotion and the realness of life and how hard it can be some times. But I also like reading the true happiness and spiritual experiences people experience every day. I think that's why I needed to change the name to mine kind of as a warning- if you don't like REAL raw blogs, don't read this one.. :) I've been getting some hater comments as of late.. I just feel like if people don't like the content of my blog, why do they sit by and read it? 

First off, I have seen these quotes flying around the blogging world for a long time, but have never made my own. I used the font Ariel on Microsoft word, used a crown clipart, and printed it out on cardstock. The frame is 5x7. I then glued it to some sparkly blue paper I got from Roberts. The frame I got was from D.I. for 75 cents. ! Great steal. I will be making more of these and selling them in the Farmers market as well. Let me know if you want one! I can custom make it for you with the colors you want. 



Here is another little thing I made. This frame is the same as the other one, there were two so I had to snag them up. 75 cents as well. I drilled two holes at the top to add ribbon in. I used a velvet scrapbook paper as the background.



Also, I got this HUGE chalk board from D.I for $3. I plan on using it to display prices or something at the farmers market too.

I have had a sucessful two days of crafting this week so far! love it... 

Hope you all have a good day today- and thanks to all of my loyal followers and readers. Giveaway coming up soon? Yea? Like, some hair stuff or home decor stuff? Tell me what you would rather!

5 comments:

The Almonds said...

love your blog! looks great like always :) and thanks for keeping it real! Your crafts are very very cute, can't wait to come to the farmers market this summer.

Amy said...

Hair stuff!
And - that cute black and cream paper you used in your second project is from DCWV (the co. I work for!) I was excited to see it on here.
BOOooo to all the blog haters, you rock ;).

Ty and Whitty said...

so stinkin cute miss. I love your new blog name. I also just changed mine the other day. "A mommy's life..with a touch of Yellow" :) Thanks for all the cute ideas. And I love all yoru cute hair stuff you made for the farmers market. LOVE! I might have to get the info from you and come. BTW It was so good to meet you a while back and I hope you had a blast on your trip. You are adorable. Also I am doing a really fun giveaway on my blog next week. I am keeping it a secret but I know you will love it so check back soon. Loves!

A Mommy's Life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Jess and Jen said...

I feel like I need a reminder sign too, but I want to make one that says "Be of good cheer." Unlike you my ideas just sit in my head...I rarely make something. Good for you for crafting and having fun and making cute stuff! -Jen

Kira And James Morris said...

We all need a little reminder that things will be okay. Even "Gordon B. Hinckley
"It's not as bad as you sometimes think it is. It ALL works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it all works out. Put your trust in God and move forward, with faith and confidence in the future. The lord will not forsake us... If we put our trust in him, if we will pray to him, if we will live worthy of his blessings, He will hear our prayers." --Thats what I use to remind myself. :) Love the blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...