Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award- That's me!?

I opened my email this morning to find that not only 1, but 2 people nominated me for the stylish blogger award! Oh my glory! 

Rebecca @ my girlish whims nominated me


and so did Aubrey @ aubrey plays!


Wow, what an honor. I'm a stylish blogger! :)

Here are the rules that come with being a stylish blogger: 

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Here are the 7 things about myself: 

1. I'm a hairdresser. I work at Salon On The Avenue and love it. Someday I plan to own my own salon. I even have it all drawn out and put together a binder of things I would want to decorate the salon with. Someday!

2. I am married to my best friend. He is the sweetest, most kind, most loving man in the universe. I love him with all my heart. More than words can explain. I am SO happy we were sealed for time and all eternity! YAY!

3. My little brother is my hero. He is amazing. Such a brave, strong, and loving example to all who knows him. If you don't know him yet, you are missing out. Hes truly someone you will never forget, and someone who can bring the spirit into the room with just his smile alone. 

4. I have had the same 2 best friends since 2nd grade! I love all of them, Camilla, Eliza, and Kilee. We called ourselves "GECK" (the first letters of all our names) and we fought so much when we were little but we are all the best of friends and I love them dearly. I couldn't have asked for more caring and loving friends who have always put up with me. We all lived a house away from each other on our street in Elk Ridge. I have SO many great memories from that street!

5. I'm obsessed with riding bikes. I love bikes. I don't own one, but everywhere I go I find someones to ride. Haha. When I was younger my friends and I spent the whole summer riding our bikes around town. I could ride my bike for miles, but I can't even run one mile. 


6. At the first sign of spring- like march 1st and the sun is out, I drive with the windows down. I know, it's freezing still, so I put on the heater at full blast. I put the window down, turn up my music, and enjoy the thought that summer is just around the corner!! I promise you, people hate when I do this if they are in the car. I just love the feeling of the sun on my skin. 

7. I LOVE change. I love moving. I love changing furniture around. I love changing my hair. I love changing my outfits. I love changing my blog appearance. I just like change. Most people hate it, but I hate it when there isn't enough change in my life. Like right now, I feel like Kev and I need to move somewhere else because we have lived in our apartment for a year and a half! It's time to change! haha. 

So, as for who I choose as my favorite stylish bloggers:
1. I actually don't know her name, it doesn't show on her blog. BUT I LOVE HER BLOG! http://befickle.blogspot.com/
3. Ashli at Sweet Nothings
4. Hillary @ The Whole FamDamily
6. Bailey @ Doehler Days 
7. Holly @ Holly's Haven
8. Brianna @ The Hendersons
10. Lynzi @ Lil Mrs Housewife

Thanks again for featuring me Rebecca and Aubrey!! :) 

6 comments:

Loveridge said...

I look funny in that pic of us 4, you should switch it. :) I know we have lots of cute ones from that night! Congrats on the stylish blogger award!

Brianna said...

I forgot to stop over here yesterday and thank you personally for nominating me! I'm flattered :)

DOEHLER DAYS said...

Thanks so much! That's so sweet of you.

Mrs. Montemayor said...

Aww! You are so darn cute!!!

I think you need to make that change and move to Houston, become real life friends with me, and DO MY HAIR! Lord knows I need it! :D

That is soooo great that you accept change so willingly. I fight it...tooth and nail. Cannot stand it. I actually have my tattoo (that I have yet to get) based around the idea of change...I think psychologically it will help me accept it better. If not, it looks cool anyways!


Anyways, thank you sooooooooooooooo much for the award! I received it a few weeks ago but I'm going to go edit the post and make sure to acknowledge that YOU gave it to me too! :D

Have a wonderful week little lady!

Dan~Kerstin~Bree~ Bryce said...

I love that you have a notebook of ideas for your someday salon. Thanks for passing the award on to me. That is so nice of you. :) Kerstin

Amy said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! You are the nicest person ever, I love you! Thanks for nominating me, I thought I'd already commented and said that, but don't see it. So thank you! It totally made my day (and is still making it!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...