Monday, February 7, 2011

first attempt at homemade pillows

Yesterday, I was going through my closet and realized that I had 4 black t shirts that I never wear, have deodorant stains on the armpits, and are too small. So, I decided to make 2 pillows from 2 of them just for fun. I needed something a little extra on our bed. 

Don't judge too harshly, I really have like no clue what I am doing sewing wise, and I had to stuff them with like 50 year old cotton batting stuff (my mom or grandmas old stuff that was passed on to me). So, it was a challenge. It didn't take long to make though, and didn't cost me a thing. I kinda like how they turned out! I am just glad I had old tshirts laying around and I didn't have to spend ANY money! So nice. 

I plan to make one more exactly like the one with only one ruffle on it, and put it on the other side of the one with the 2 ruffles. I made the flowers in the middle out of felt. 

I don't really like that the pillow with 2 ruffles doesn't have the ruffles come all the way down the pillow, but I didn't have enough of the same white material. So, it looks kinda goofy. But, it is what it is. Once I get the third one done, I think they will all come together nicely. 


what do you think? I personally love the black and white theme of our room... so classy and pretty. Someday, we will make a headboard to put behind it... and have the walls painted... can't wait till we have our own house. 

Hope you are all having a great week so far! 1 more day of freedom, and then more oral surgery. Not looking forward to getting my tooth pulled out and having a screw put in.. so keep me in your prayers that it will heal quickly and I can get back to work! (and talking, and singing.)  

What's something you are working on right now?

5 comments:

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

these turned out cute!! So great that you could make it all for free too. that's the best price for sure :)

chelsey said...

Looks great gilly!

The Duke said...

I'd take the ruffles off the one with the cute little flower -- it would be cute to "wrap" the pillow in the netting in that one. Like a ribbon wrapping.
Good job -- way to go in trying new things.

DOEHLER DAYS said...

Hey Gillian,
Thanks for the award! I put my post up if you wanted to take a look.

Thanks again!

Bailey

Michelle said...

Very cute pillows. Great idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...