We had lots of interesting things happen and go on this past year. For the first time, we actually struggled financially for a bit. We hate being poor. But, thats the life when your in school right? We only have one car still, and that's been a struggle getting to where we need to be. We went swimming a lot this summer. Loved that. Kevin slaved away at work and at school- where I stayed home and crafted or watched my favorite shows- one tree hill, life unexpected, and the bachelor. we made new friends, i lost a friend, we laughed together, cried together, and struggled together. We also progressed together, loved eachother, and spend as much time together as we could. I look back on this last year and think- wow. Its been a hard year. I feel like I went through some of the most difficult emotional things I could have gone through in my life thus far. But, this year, I plan on CONQUERING IT!!! Life is about growing and learning and I do feel like this last year, its been all about that. So, i'ma kick 2010 in the butt. glad I don't have to repeat it. HA!
So, here's our year in review.
- I worked at Cedar Fort still. I was loving it. Kevin was working at CR still and going to school.
- This was the month I got into crafting. I started realizing that I could actually make something cute!
- I attended some business seminars for blogging.
- We paid the most ever on a gas bill- $80
- It was a pretty lame month, not much going on.
- We got heart attacked on our front door
- We spend a wonderful Valentines day together going to a concert and dinner
- I threw a baby shower
- I got my first round of cortisone shots in my hand
- We got a big TV from my brother. It works great! Its super heavy though
- I got my Cosmo License!!
- I got addicted to the Bachelor...
- Kev and I hit our 8 month mark of marriage. Such bliss
- I started working at Salon On the Ave
- Kev got a raise
- Kev dressed up as the easter bunny and we went around to peoples houses and gave them eggs.
- My friend Lizzy got married
- problems with periods, ovulation and all the womanly crap really hit rock bottom and started all over again
- Kev took me on a date to Park City- it was SO fun!
- We got some goldfish!
- Our goldfish died.
- I took a trip to vegas for the Hair Show. First time being away from Kevin for longer than 2 days... it was HARD!!!
- I quit Cedar Fort
- I went Platinum Blonde
- Kev and I danced on the roof of the wells fargo building under the stars
- We went to comedy sports, twice
- I got my hand brace and more shots
- I got stopped in walmart and asked if I would go be a model for tru talent management
- we got a scooter
- My sister graduated
- kev and I took the weekend away and went to Moab
- my brother lance graduated from UVU
- my cousin tessa passed away. went to her funeral in idaho
- kev and I planted our first garden and flowers
- I got surgery on my hand
- my husband rocks even more
- we found out what happens when you leave fruit in a bowl forever untouched....
- Insurance problems. Really stressed out that we didn't have it
- my best friend kilee got married. it was a beautiful day, and i was able to do her hair!
- the studio had their end year recital. my musical theater students had theirs, and the dance students had one too
- kev and i went to logan and ate the squeeky cheese!
- I went to vegas for a wedding
- kev and i bought our first tent!
- kev and i went camping at burrsten ponds
- my husband got hotter and hotter
- we celebrated our 1 year anniversary!!!!!!!!!!
- we went to snow bird for the weekend and stayed in the cliff lodge
- i got a ticket for not having insurance on our scooter- $200
- we listened to carrie underwood outside of the stadium of fire and watched fireworks
- kevin celebrated his 24th birthday!
- i worked at roberts for a little bit
- kev and i watched ammon for a week
- someone rearended me. but not a scratch was found.
- kev started school again. say goodbye to married life..
- kev and i got called to be sunbeam teachers
- we got hooked on nerds this month
- my blog went private because someone got their feelings hurt- but then i decided that being private is overrated and that person can deal with it. they don't have to read it if they dont want to. no one forced them
- i went to thursdays heros and met the byu football team. kev was able to come too!
- I really became open about my depression
- we went to lake powell! my first time
- i got my craft on
- we struggled getting back into the swing of school and no more late nights... blah
- work was crazy busy this month!
- halloween party at my house
- kev and i went to cornbellys
- kev and i carved pumpkins twice
- kev and i drove the nebo loop
- i found out that i most likley have pcos
- my bestie britt went on her mission
- kev slaved his butt off this month in school
- I started a depression medication- it's helped lots and lots!
- We did the black friday thing
- had thanksgiving at kevins house
- kevins best friend got married!!
- I Got a sewing machine!!!
- kev and I got some amazing fall pictures taken. loved them
- my sister in law jen had her baby
- I discovered melatonin!!
- We put up our xmas tree
- brother dave and his wife tana came to visit!
- kev and I went to the david archuleta concert
- we went to temple square with our besties Becca and Alex!
- decked out our house in xmas stuff
- played in the snow
- had lots and lots of hot cocoa
- celebrated my 22nd birthday
- kevin passed ALL his classes- even his accounting 3000 one, which he got a B!!!!! So proud right now
- new years eve with alex and becca- so much fun
- my daddy had his birthday
Man, that's not even all of it. I just barley touched on each month. It's been eventful. It's been full of crazyness and change. I'm looking forward to the new year. Here are just a few of the goals we made as a couple:
- Read the BOM together
- Attend the temple once a month
- Magnify our callings even more
- Have date night once a week
- Don't eat out as much (we hardly do but its just a waste of money)
a few of my personal goals:
- loose 20 pounds
- become more spiritual
- keep my clothes hung up (haha)
- Make more money to help support kevin in school
- Learn how to decorate cakes
- Sew a dress
- try new foods and try to get over my pickyness
- cook more often
Bring it on 2011!!!