Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Santa Blocks

I got crafty again yesterday and made some Christmas blocks! Ally did it with me, she put the words 'believe' on her blocks. Kevin brought home some wood, and then Ally and I went up to my sister in law Lisa's house to use her cricut. (Did I already mention that I nnnneeeeeddddd one of those???) This is how it turned out:

I still need to embellish them a little more, but for now, this is all I had at the house. 
See how cute? The cricut cuts all these things out!

So, first, I lightly brushed the blocks with paint. 

I traced out my blocks on cute christmas-y scrapbook paper.

This is Ally's paper


After the paint dried, we modpodged the scrapbook paper on, then cut out our letters on the cricut. We then glued the letters on, and modpodged over the top of the letters to give it a glossy finish.

I then hand drew a stencil for some holly berry leaves and cut them out with some cute paper I had, and added 2 red buttons to look like the berries. I added a few others buttons to some of the blocks.


I also sanded the edges to give it more of a distressed feel

The red fabric is felt. I didn't know what to put there. Haha.

Added a paper flower to this one.

Added some netting/tule here

I will have to embellish them a little more, but I love them, and can't wait to put up the rest of my christmas in 2 days!!!! 

Today, I'm thankful for mountain dew. :)

4 comments:

PaigeE said...

Hey, I have a cricut! You can be jealous :)

Alex and Becca said...

ah! i love it. Alex won't let me put Christmas stuff up yet. Boo.

Kyka and Ev said...

Oh my heck! Those are so cute

AmieAnn said...

These are sooo stinkin cute! Hope you share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2010/11/pink-hippo-party-4.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...