Friday, November 12, 2010

to the moon and back...

Day 17-Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 18-Plans/dreams/goals you have 

Who would I want to switch lives with? That's a hard question. Not sure I would want to switch lives with anyone. My life is hard and I have had a lot of trials, but I feel like they are all molding me to be who the Savior wants me to be. Obviously if he made me this way, he wanted me this way. I don't like thinking about things like "why cant my nose be smaller?" "why can't I be more like her?" "why can't I have that talent?" because that makes me feel even worse... haha! So, I guess I'm grateful I even have a body and a pretty good life. I have the Gospel, an amazing husband and family, a job, a car, a place to live, food to eat, and music. I think that makes my life pretty dang good. 

But if I had to choose I guess....haha.... Maybe I would switch lives with Beyonce. I've always wished I was black so my voice was a little bit stronger and I've always wished it was me on stage singing with millions of people cheering for me..... I just want to know what it feels like. Plus, she's gorgeous. 


So that's who I would switch with. But I don't think I'd want to be her for a whole day. I would miss my husband too much. :)

What plans or dreams do I have?

I have dreams to be a good mother. I have dreams to BE a mother. 
I have dreams to own my own salon. 
I have dreams to travel the world
I have dreams to record a big single someday
I have PLANS to record a big single someday
I have dreams to be a good wife to my amazing husband 
I have dreams to have a big kitchen someday
I have PLANS on moving away from utah for a while
I have plans to not have a mini van someday. 
I have plans to become an amazing cook
I have plans to keep teaching musical theater and dance till the day I die!
I have plans to learn the piano


I have lots of dreams... and plans... but lots of them seem silly haha.

As a last note, man, my hubby just makes me so happy. 
I have had an incrediblly emotional and hard couple of days. My husband has been nothing less than amazingly supportive and has just let me cry and cry into his shoulders while he is stroking my hair and letting me let it all out. He has been my rock. After he got home from school last night, he walked in with beautiful flowers for me and told me that I deserved them and that he thought they would make me smile. Yes, indeed, I smiled, and was so happy that he thought about me and took the time to get some flowers! He spoils me way too much. 
I just love being with him. Maybe that's why we don't have friends- because we spend so much time together and sometimes, we would just rather be with eachother. True, we want to hang with friends more, but true also that sometimes, it's just nice to know you have a best friend in your spouse and you don't need much more than that! If he is all I had, I would be more than happy. 

This picture describes how comfortable it is for me to just confide in my husband for everything, knowing he will always be my shoulder to cry on, to lean on, to look for strength on, to rely on, and to love. He loves me so much and I can tell by the way he so carefully and kindly and lovingly takes care of me.
 

Thanks baby- you never cease to amaze me! I love you to the moon and back kev!

4 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

What a sweet husband! I'm glad you have him! -Jen

The Duke said...

After the kind of day you had yesterday, I am relieved and happy that you can stand back and look at things with a better perspective and find some things to be grateful for and some things/people to love.
Kevin brought you flowers! You have a winner there so you do all you can to continue to keep his love and respect.
Thanks, Kevin, for taking such good care of my little girl who needs a best friend and a tender, loving hand.

Lokodi said...

That was a very sweet post Gilly.

Lindsey

The Dayleys said...

This was such a sweet post darling. I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so hard and challenging this week. You are such an amazing lady!! How wonderful and sweet it is that Kevin has brought you flowers and cared to your needs!! Kudos to him!! And if you ever need anything!! Give me a ring!! Seriously! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...