Tuesday, November 9, 2010

But the tigers come at night....

The title of this blog post has nothing to do with what I am posting about. I was listening to Grooveshark and had "I Dreamed A Dream" playing, and those were the words as I was thinking of a title to name this. Haha. So, there ya go.

I can't stand our bed side tables. They would be fine if they had different knobs and if they were black. They are actually super nice, my husband made them when he was in high school. I just don't like the look of plain wood. But he did a good job making them! I like the shape and everything. I've been trying to convince him to let me paint them and add different knobs, but he's being a little stubborn because he made them :) Hahaha! So in order to make them a little cuter, I made a few things to go on the table to spice them up.


Here is one of the blocks. It's cut 4x4 and I painted it black. After the black was dry, I brushed a cream vintagey color over the top, and sanded it a bit before it was completely dry. It made it look sorta gray, which I wanted, since I don't have a gray paint. I printed 4 pictures off our computer in gray scale because I wanted to keep with the black and white feel in our bedroom. I modpodged them to the block, added some stretchy lace to it, and made a satin flower to put on. Pretty simple. 

I really like how it turned out. I used pictures from when we were dating. :)

This one is so pretty. I just love it! I painted it a bright teal color, sanded it, and added the same cream vintagey color over the top, sanded it again. I then added scrapbook paper to this one (because I had some that matched.) I also modpodged these onto the block. I put a little lace on it, and then cut out a few jagged circles, glued them together, and added a button that matched. 

 Not sure if I love how it looks on the desk yet... I plan to make one longer one (about the width of the two blocks if they were side by side) that says our last name on it or something in cream vinyl. Then I will place the block under the other two... (if that even makes sense) I Think I need some candles on here though.

I got this frame at DI for like 50 cents. I printed off the picture from google images. Easy decor!! I will be adding a wood letter "M" thats painted black in the middle of the picture.

Love my little blocks!!!

Last, but not least, here are a few blocks I made a few weeks ago! I gave them away as a prize at a baby shower. I have just loved making wood blocks. Lucky my husband brings the wood home for me!!!



Happy crafting!!

7 comments:

The Duke said...

I like the wood side tables. Leave them alone! I side with Kevin.

Mrs.Danielle.Warren said...

All of these things are sooo cute! I really need to expand my crafting drawer & get more stuff!

Bre.Red.Mace said...

Love all your crafts! Your so stinkin creative Gill! Keep it up! ;)

Niki and Nick Hendershot said...

Oh my!! So dang cute!! Where the heck did you find the stretchy lace??? I have been searching for some like that and haven't found any!

The Haderlies said...

I love the blocks!! I'm so glad that they turned out! You need send me some of your creative vibes! :)

Gillian Mohlman said...

Nikki, I found them at the cotton shop in provo. They have all kinds there! Love it. Walmart has some on spools too.

Kyka and Ev said...

My endtables are the ones Evan made in High school too. One isn't even done all the way (due to him working 40 hours a week as a Dairy Mng at Macey's during his senior year--work leave)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...