Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bow/Broach Tutorial

I haven't done a tutorial for quite some time now! I came across this bow/broach tutorial on this blog called 'Trey and Lucy' and I fell in looooove. I had to try it. I have made a few of them, but none of mine look as good as hers. I Think my problem is that I keep using too flimsy of fabric. So, when you try this, get a thick fabric. 

This is what it turns out like:

option 1- wear it as a broach

option 2- wear it in your hair!

So, here is my rendition of this bow. I used a jersey like fabric because I love the color and I had just the right amount of it. Cut it about 2 inches wide, and fold in half. You can make it as long as you want. The longer, the bigger the bow.

tie a knot in one end of it.

take your knot and roll it like you would in a normal rosette bow. (twist it kinda like a cinnamon roll haha)

Keep folding it around and under the main big knot in the middle.


When you fold it, fold it like this one each time. Make sure you are folding it in towards the middle.

I hot glued mine as I went, but you can do it all and pin it as you go, and hand sew it.

When I was finished it looked like this:

Wala!

Lucy's was much much better than mine, but someday, I will get that good! Plus, her fabric was way stiffer than mine. But you should all try it! And since my tutorial probably doesn't really make sense, check out her BLOG for a video tutorial :)




2 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

Love love love it! And so easy thank you for showing all the steps! I love the golden one! You are too cute!

Megan

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I have wanted to make these for Alyssa and now I can. Thanks again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...