Monday, October 25, 2010

a quote book

I am always hearing funny things or awesome quotes or hear people use a talk that I like and I can never remember them later. Hence, the quote and thought book. These little notebooks are 79 cents at walmart and I love them! I use them for everything. I have one that I use for hair too. When I need new product, I write it down. So, I will carry this with me everywhere and when I hear something I want to remember or even just little thoughts I get throughout the day or things I don't want to forget, they will be written in this little notebook! 

I just traced out the notebook on some scrapbook paper, cut it out, and modpodged it on. For the flower, I cut out a few circles and wrinkled them, glued them together, added a button.

I printed out some words on the backside of the paper with the font sara's cute font from kevinandamanda.com. 

on the back, I printed the words "I am the one who writes my own story."


closeup of the cute flower

That's it! Hope you like it. It's easy enough that you all can make it. I already wrote my first quote in it: by : Kathleen H. Hughes
"Life often feels like a great pile of obligations, frustrations, and disappointments. But the Lord is there, always the same, His arms still outstretched. When we feel overwhelmed, we have to remember the peace He has spoken to us on previous occasions. His peace brings comfort and strength; the world cannot give that to us."
I love that quote.

I also wanted to let you all know about a week full of giveaway's over at my friend Laura's blog! It's her blog anniversary and so this week she is doing giveaways every day! So exciting. So head on over there and enter to win something amazing. :)

A good old fashion update on Kev and my life is coming up this week. Sorry I have been bad at updating on our boring old life :) Can I just say real quick, I love my husband. My studly stud husband who is the love of my life? He is amazing. Tonight, I haven't stopped smiling because he just makes me so happy. I am SO grateful for him. love love love me some husband. :)

Today i'm linking up to these great sites:




handmade projects





BWS tips button

3 comments:

texttussi said...

This is so cute and the colours are great. I love personalized notebooks!

Amber said...

Very cute great idea for a gift.

Sandy Ang said...

Such a lovely present !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...