Tuesday, September 14, 2010

private no more.

so, real quick, I decided not to be private on my blog anymore.

if you wanna read it, you are more than welcome to read it.

BUT- if your gonna bring drama to my blog, then please, don't read it.

No really though, all kidding aside, I know that if you put your self out there, there are always going to be haters. So I just have to deal with that.

I don't feel like I need to put my blog private because obviously everything I write I don't consider private. So here are some disclaimers for reading my blog mmmk?

I am open on here. I can be personal on here if I want. If you don't like it or if you think it's too personal, why are you still reading it?

There will be mushy love stuff.

There will be crafts.

There will be sad entries. But not all the time. just when I need to vent.

There will be pictures. LOTS of them.

There will be funny stories about my husband sleep talking.

But most of all, I just want you to all know that this blog is REAL.

I just hate reading blogs that people write that go something like this: my kids are perfect, my husband never messes up and makes a lot of money, my life is easy, being a wife is the best thing ever, I never have problems, my life is AMAZING. .... well, great! I am glad it is. And I really do love reading AND writing about the amazing tender mercies of life or the great day you or me had or whatever. But the reality of it is, that it probably isn't that way 100% of the time. None of us are perfect. So why do we pretend we are? Isn't it nice to read a blog where you know someone is being real with you and sharing what REAL people feel? I think it is. I know I can relate better to people that way. I feel intimidated and inadequate when I read someones blog that kind of comes off like they are perfect because then I begin doubting the way I am. It's hard enough to be a woman in this day and age with all the responsibilities we have. Lets all be real on here. Let's all face the facts. Life is hard. But there are things that make it easy to live this life. Like having a great husband, or a loving family or friends, a fun job, a hobby, such and such. But let's not all pretend like life is always hunky dory 24-7.

So, if you don't agree with the things I said just now, please, check out.

If you are with me, lets all check in to reality.

I really do love blogging. It's such a therapeutic thing for me. And, I love that I have people who comment and share their thoughts. I am excited to keep writing and sharing my life as it is.

Oh, a giveaway is right around the corner! 11 more followers and I will do a great giveaway... :)

By the way, if you havent checked out my Lake Powell Post, check it out. It's pretty great stuff. :)

3 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

I'm glad I'll be able to see when you update again! -Jen

Gillian and Kevin Mohlman said...

Yea, I don't like private blogs. boring. So I just didn't care anymore. Haha. You are always commenting on my blog, thanks Jen-i-poo!

Karen said...

It's so true. I'm tired to thinking everyone's life is perfect but mine. You rock Gillian!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...