Friday, September 3, 2010

Grateful

I am truly grateful for everything I have.

Please take the time to watch this video and listen to the song. It will make you happy!

In this song it says:
"I feel a hand holding my hand
It's not a hand you can see
But on the road to the promised land
This hand will shepherd me
Through delight and despair
Holding tight and always there"

Well, it's true. The last two months have been really hard. I have had depression for 3, almost 4 years now. Depression is a really sad, horrible thing to deal with. And when I feel alone, I just remember that God is always there holding my hand because he wants me to return to him and he loves me. Even though I sometimes (most of the time) don't understand this trial I am going through, I know that someday I will understand. 

I am just so grateful for my husband and family. They have always been there for me during this hard time and helped push me a long. I am also so grateful for this gospel. Where would I be without it? 

Hope this is your pick me up for the day. It was for me. 



Lyrics:
I've got a roof over my head
I've got a warm place to sleep
Some nights I lie awake counting gifts
Instead of counting sheep

I've got a heart that can hold love
I've got a mind that can think
There may be times when I lose the light
And let my spirits sink
But I can't stay depressed
When I remember how I'm blessed

Grateful, grateful
Truly grateful I am
Grateful, grateful
Truly blessed And duly grateful

In a city of strangers
I got a family of friends
No matter what rocks and brambles fill the way
I know that they will stay until the end

I feel a hand holding my hand
It's not a hand you can see
But on the road to the promised land
This hand will shepherd me
Through delight and despair
Holding tight and always there

Grateful, grateful
Truly grateful I am
Grateful, grateful
Truly blessed And duly grateful

It's not that I don't want a lot
Or hope for more, or dream of more
But giving thanks for what I've got
Makes me happier than keeping score

In a world that can bring pain
I will still take each chance
For I believe that whatever the terrain
Our feet can learn to dance
Whatever stone life may sling
We can moan or we can sing

Grateful, grateful
Truly grateful I am
Grateful, grateful
Truly blessed And duly grateful
Truly blessed And duly grateful

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Gillian we're like twins. lol. I had depression for 5 years. :) And we love crafting, zupas, disney, snowcones, etc. Are you seeing a pattern?! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...