Monday, August 30, 2010

okay, pics, crafts, and updates.


So, I have a lot of pictures to blog. 

Remember when I got these two little items at DI? (The shelf and the cherish sign)
I finally got around to hanging them up. Sorry the picture is lopsided. I took both pictures that are on the shelf, and I am thinking I am not sure I like how I positioned everything on the shelf. So we will see. I might have to switch it up a little. 


This is my craft corner. It used to be across the room but I couldn't stack things against the wall because they would hit the blinds. So, yea. I know it's messy and not organized and the desk isn't all cutesy, but at least I have a corner. :) I'm hoping to upgrade my table soon. (and stick a cricket on it.)

I got crafty tonight. I made this little bow. I freaking LOVE how it turned out. I wanted it vintagey and not perfect and it turned out just the way I wanted it to!

This little notebook is my life. It's a little mini composition book. I write little notes to myself or lists all the time in here. I bought it for 79 cents and then covered it with scrapbook paper and modge podge. the front blue part is a pocket. I might have posted on here about it but I forget if I did or not.... 

(The back)

I finally bought one of these today. I can't believe I didn't own one until today. It was $14 at roberts. (it's nice that I get a discount!!)

I bought this scrapbook paper at walmart for $5 a few weeks ago. I love it. I had to snag it since it was only $5. I hope to be making some cute cards for the people I love. so, if your nice to me, maybe I will add you to my thank you list. :) haha

Got this at work today. (It's been cut up because I made something earlier) The back of it is orange. I LOVE this green color. Absolutely my favorite color

I like this paper too. 40 cents at work today. It's pink on the back. 

A close up of another paper I bought today at work. 40 cents as well. I loooove this paper. Don't worry, I didn't spend a lot at work today. That's all I got. :) I'm going to have to be careful though. Haha, I stocked the shelves with cute scrapbook glitter, stickers, and papers all day today and let me tell you what. I could spend millions on this stuff. 

I also made this headband this last week. It was super easy and I made a tutorial for it. So, I will post a tutorial later this week hopefully. 

Work is going great. I like it so far. My feet hurt, and I am worried about getting a little burnt out, but I like it. I am a little worried about being away from the salon too because I feel like I am not going to get as many clients. As of right now, I work at roberts Mon, Tues, Thurs from 10Am-5PM and every other sat. I think that may be too much for me. I would rather just work mon tues and every other sat, but not thurs. I need to be at the salon more I think. So, I will talk to my boss tomorrow about it. But I like it. Its fun.

Still no health insurance. thats all I have to say about that.

Kevin started school. :(

I started teaching musical theater again on friday. It was kind of disappointing. I usually like change, but I got used to all of my students from last year, and they all knew me and my rules and my style of teaching, and now, its just so different. I have tooons of new students. I have about 30 kids now and I only had 13 last year. Ya. Crazy. Hope it gets better.

Kevin and I got called to be sunbeam teachers, and were set apart sunday. Cant wait to teach the little ones!

My parents are going to New Jersey this week on Thurs, so Kev and I are going up to Elk Ridge to babysit Ammon. I am excited because I get to not only play with my amazing little brother who will be a BLAST watching, but my brother Adam, and his wife Amy live at my parents now with their three little ones so there will be a party up there!! It will be fun.

I'm going to Lake Powell for the FIRST TIME EVER in two weeks!!!!!! I can't wwwwwwwwwwaiiiiitt....!!

My sister started BYU today. (my baby sister.) and I havent even talked to her yet. gotta call her.

I threw a bridal shower on Sat. for Ally. I don't even know if she had fun. I guess that means I didn't conquer, because I haven't heard one word from her since.

I love my husband.

I am so excited for fall.

Happiness is found in little things. Like, tonight, for example, My husband did the dishes, and it made me sooo happy. you have no idea how much I hate not having a dishwasher.

this blog post is long.

k goodnight!

p.s. funny story. the other night kev and I were asleep and in the middle of the night, he shakes me and says, "babe!" I say, what? He say's, did you see that? (ok, and now by this point and time in our marriage, I just go back to sleep and get super annoyed because he talks in his sleep every night.) but this time, he wouldn't stop shaking me. I finally said, "see what kev." he said, someone is blowing bubbles right there.

k, let me tell you, 1: it was pitch black. 2: the bubbles we own were sitting on my desk by the bed. I like bubbles ok.

I said, Kev, there is no one blowing bubbles. the bubbles are right here, and you cant see anyone out there.
he still wouldnt listen, so he turned on the light.

this boy is funny. but I love him and his sleep talking. hahahahaha.

after that, we went to sleep.

5 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

I am so excited for you and totally jealous that you are going to Lake Powell! One of my FAVORITE places and I haven't been there since 2002 :(

All your crafts and supplies are great! I love making cards...I did a stampin' up card club last year and had lots of fun buying stamps and making cards! -Jen

Dave and Tana said...

You sound like a pretty busy lady! Love all of the little craft projects you have going on all of the time.

The Duke said...

I love those headbands and flowers! Top one is super cute.
Ammon is really excited to see you and have you come and play.

Mike and Adrianne said...

I saw someone make that top headband on some blog. They are super cute!

Terrell said...

Way cute and creative!!! I'm so happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your sweet creations up at my weekly Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
Hugs to you,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...