Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This one's for you dad... Pigeons follow me everywhere!

So, this morning I took Kevin to work and when I got home, this is what I saw: 
Look closely. On the roof. PIGEONS! DAD! Curse you! They can't stop following me!!! Haha. 

For those of you who don't know why this would even be funny, here is the background. My dad has pigeons. He has had them for as long as I could remember. I used to love them when I was little. I think. I remember before going to school one morning (I was in Kindergarten) and my dad took us up to feed the birds. This picture below was actually taken on the day of this incident because I remember we were going to the Hoagle Zoo that day for a field trip. I was SO excited to go. (this picture is me at the zoo that day with our helper and two girls I know, Shelley, and Kristen.)


So back to the birds, we went to feed the birds that morning. I was helping my dad when PLOP! A bird pooped on me. All over my shoulder. I cried and cried. I REALLY wanted to wear that shirt. He laughed, but I knew he felt bad, but thought it was funny. I think my brother Dave might have been with us to? (Do any of you siblings remember this? This was when we lived in Spanish Fork) So we had to run home really quick and change my shirt, and this is what he put me in. A 4 leaf clover shirt that I made. So funny. 

Anyway, my dad has had pigeons forever. They stink. I hate them. I am terrified of birds. I don't know why. I have seen hawks and cats eat my dads birds. I have seen my dad nurse the hurt ones back to good health. My dad is actually really good at taking care of them and racing them. I just don't like them. I refuse to help him take care of them. I get this creepy feeling when I am around birds. Not just pigeons, but ALL birds. I just am so scared of them!! And I hate the coo coo coo noises they make. Yuck. I have also dished their old poop onto the garden for my dad to make the garden grow better. It really works. My dad walks in the door with pigeon feathers in his hair. Its kinda funny! 

It really has been his hobby for a long time and he is so good at what he does. I am glad he has a hobby and he really loves those birds. As long as I don't have to touch them or take care of them, then I am super ok with him having them. 

But. When I got home this morning, I hear coo coo coo. Oh snap. There must be pigeons on the roof. I looked up, and sure enough, they were there. They were probably my dad's birds coming home from a fly or race and had to stop at my place to tell me something. Too bad I don't speak coo coo coo language. 


On another side note, in two hours, this beauty will be done. There is a huge roast beneath all that goodness. My brother Lance and his wife Nancy and baby John are moving to Florida on Friday, so we are having them over for dinner tonight. It smells so good I can hardly stand to be in here. I will admit that I can cook a good roast. 

Also, (and lastly) I made this headband today. 


I got asked by an old friend to throw a party at her apartment with all my bows and headbands. She will invite all her friends and I will sell them and have fun! I can't wait. Hopefully I can make enough to sell within the next month! 

Thats it for today. Thanks for readin ya'all!

4 comments:

The Duke said...

Coo, coo, coos..... you are really funny.
Head band is super cute!
Yes, that bird was just stopping by to say hello from your Dad. :)

Papa Doc said...

Thanks for your comments, except for one... pigeons do not stink.

Kaitlin said...

Sorry Dad but they do. They may not necessarily stink but they have a very nasty distinct smell.

Mike and Adrianne said...

You are funny! I love when Dad walks in with feathers in his hair, it cracks me up.

That is so cool that you are having a headband party. What a good friend you have! Also, I love, love this current headband. Awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...