Monday, May 24, 2010

Life is Crazy... where did the time go?

It's been like a month since I have really given a super good update. Well, here's to a long post. :)





My niece Clara turned 4 this month and I helped her mom throw her birthday party. It was minnie and Mickey themed and so fun! Her mom is amazing. She made all the hats, made Clara's shirt, and her husband made the cupcakes! 4 is such a fun age. They are mostly past their tantrums and have so many questions about life and it was fun to hang out with all these little cuties.


My older brother Lance graduated from UVU this month too! I am so proud of him! It was fun to go support him for all his hard work. He graduated in Health Administration. I hope they move to Florida so we can visit them and always be on vacation there hahaha!!

My friend Kilee, whom I have been friends with since 2nd grade, is getting married June 18th so she came in to have me do her hair and nails for her bridal pictures. She is so cute. I am so happy for her!

Here is one of her bridals. So so pretty.


Then, sadly, my cousin passed away so my mom, husband, me, and my brthers Adam, Jess, and Lance all went up to Idaho for it. Although it was the saddest weekend of my life, it was fun to roadtrip up to Twin Falls together. It had been a really long time since all of us have been together traveling. It brought back a lot of memories. I hated that trip but loved it because I loved seeing all of my cousins and catching up. That side of the family is so amazing, and I love them all soooo much. I got to know them all better. I felt like I was getting to know my family all over again because it seems like the last time I saw them all was when I was a little girl (well, like in junior high or something, so a loooong time ago) and now I feel like I can get to know them as an adult. I hope to visit them all very soon again.

On the way there, I saw my very first front runner!! yay! It was awesome! I can't wait to ride on it when it gets done here in provo.

After I got surgery, I planted some flowers in front of our apartment. It was just dirt, and has plenty of room, so I planted some! I know, I am not pro yet, but they look pretty cute now that they have all bloomed. I will have to take another picture of them now. It was my first time planting something without my dad. I hope they live....


We also planted tomatos, squash, and are going to plant some peas and carrots this week.


My little sister is graduating from high school tomorrow. I can't believe it. I went to her last concert the other day and I almost cried. I am so sad. No more concerts. No more performances to watch. :( Her and I have basically had all the same interests growing up. Dancing, singing, piano, photography... but I bet she will do more with it than I will. She is off to BYU in the fall (good for me because she will be living like 5 minutes away! YAY!) and will prob study history with a minor in dance education. Not sure though. She will be on the BYU Advanced Tap team and I hope she does something with her voice. The picture above is at her last concert, and she is the one with the white jacket. They were singing a group number.

She had 3 solos and this one was the closing number. She is so awesomely talented. I am jealous. Someday though her and I are going to make a CD and be awesome!


I got my cast off and am now going to physical therapy. It's slowly getting better. I can move it a lot more now and I can pick up a glass of water. It was really really swollen for a few days but it's starting to go down. I really hope I can get back to work in a week or two. I am getting really bored.

What's been going on with Kev? Well, he has been doing great. He got an A in his english class last semester and is now taking a surveying class. It's Mon-Fri from 7 AM to 10AM. He is working so hard! He got 88% on his first test which was the class average. That's pretty good. He has been working at CR still too and I feel like I hardly see him haha! We both can't wait until it warms up so we can go camping and do all these fun outdoor things. He locked us out of our apartment again last week. Haha. He also has been going on bike rides a lot and doing about 16 miles every saturday on his bike in under an hour. He is so awesome! I just love my husband. I can't believe it's been 10 months so far. We really want to take a vacation somewhere HOT and fun so we are looking at cruises right now. Anyone want to come? We would love it if we had friends or family to go with.

What's next for me? The musical Theater class I have been teaching has their final show next week. It will take a load of stress of of my back, let me tell you. I am so excited though for it. I want more students. PLEASE if you know of someone who would be interested, or if you want your kids to take it, it's in Payson at Lifehouse Performing Arts Academy and it will start back up again at the end of August. It's 35 dollars a month, and every child gets a solo. I have 13 students right now but I want like 30 students next year so I can have two classes of it. Let me know if you are interested in it..

Anyway. That's it for now. Hope that brings us up to speed. Oh, I am still making bows and headbands and I need to post a tutorial so all of you know how to make them. Sorry it's taking me forever. You would think that after having two weeks of boredom I would have done it by now......

9 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

Sounds like things are going well for you!

And I love the idea of a Minnie/Mickey birthday party. Fun!

Dave and Tana said...

You guys have been busy! I do want a little tutorial ont he headbands..I am ready to start making a bunch!

Brooke Maxfield said...

Gillian!!! I am so sorry that I have not called you! It has been the craziest month ever! Thanks for the comment on my blog, I can't believe that Im having the baby TOMORROW! And you are so sweet to get a gift... I will have my phone with me all day (promise)! So call me if you get a chance :) Thanks girl!

The Duke said...

Thanks for your part in planning my b-day party yesterday. It was wonderful to have all of you together -- and that cake was the best thing I've eaten in forever! You are thoughtful and I love you.
Mom

Reva said...

Hi Gillian--If you are thinking of going on a cruise, you can count us in.

Mike and Adrianne said...

What to comment on? There is so much!

I'm excited about the headbands. I love your pictures. Congrats Lance! I'm jealous about your garden. We can't have one here so I planted flowers in containers and then it has rained since then and we have not had sun until Saturday so they are all dead. Sad. I hope your wrist gets better.

beckaboots said...

That is so great that you planted a garden! I am working on that next... after our yard is done. That's exciting! :)
-Bekah

chelsey said...

Before I forget~ what's the train? Is that the new line from Ogden to SLC that was in the works for oh, YEARS? That never seemed to get passed? Cool if it is!

And I'm with the girl on wanting headband tutorials!

Lokodi said...

Gilly,
We'd love to come on a cruise with you. Where do you want to go? How about the canary islands? The only thing is you'd have to fly out here to Europe. Or we could take a mediterranian cruise. Those are fun! If you can't do it now, maybe you could save for a year and we could all do it together next year. It's cheapest if you do it on the off season like october or november or even in Feb. Lots and Lots of fun. If you have any questions, just email me.

Lindsey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...