Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hand....

I got my cast off today at the doc. Today was my post op appointment and it went ok I guess.

The doc originally thought it was a miniscus tear (TFCC Tear) but when he went in, there was no tear, just a lot of redness and irritation. So, he shaved off all the redness and irritation and only had to open up 4 little spots instead of 5. It has been very very painful and Kevin has been so great. He has been doing EVEYTHING for me. Dishes, helping me change my clothes, bathing and washing my hair, making dinner, tucking me in at night, getting me water... wow. It's been nice having my own personal slave :)


But anyway, the doc said today that he thought my hand was super stiff and he is starting me off at physical therapy tomorrow. He said I can return to work when I feel up to it. Basically, when I have full range of motion. Please PLEASE say prayers for us that physical therapy will help it and I can return to help financially support us! I am guessing I will be out at least another 2 maybe 3 weeks since I cant even pick up a glass of water yet. It's a little bruised (The purple marks are the marker, and the yellow is iodine, but after I washed it up real good, it had a few yellow bruises) and is super swollen still, but he has me on anti-inflammatory and I should get better with that.

So, discouraged a little I am... but that is ok. At least it isn't as bad as he thought it would be.

4 comments:

chelsey said...

Ouch. That looks painful. I hope it heals quickly! Hang in there!

Debbie Barr said...

I'll be keeping you in my prayers! Recovering from surgery is no fun, but hopefully you'll be better soon.

Jess and Jen said...

Yikes! I hope it'll get better soon! -Jen

Lyss said...

I'm glad your surgery went okay!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...