Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Meet the New Stylist of Salon On The Avenue

WAHOO! I am the new stylist at Salon On The Avenue! I am so excited! It's booth rent, and I think it's $250 a month to rent my space. But- she wont charge me that for a few months. She is starting me at $100 a month till I get my clientele up and going again and then will gradually move it up. I can't wait! There are 3 stylists there and then the owner, who also still does hair. I will be doing manis, pedis, haircuts, scalp treatments, paraffin wax treatments, colors, highlights, waxing eyebrows, and basically anything I want. Hopefully I can get good at Acrylic Nails again and start doing that as well. The salon is huge. It has 6 stations, a massage room for a master esthetician, and an eyelash extention room for a girl who just does that. The salon has it all! I am really happy to have gotten a job there. I start on Saturday. All the girls will be out of town for Easter except for the owner so she wanted me to come in and work with her Saturday. She said she would give me all the clients till I was booked and then she would take what comes after I am booked. 


Isn't it nice in there! Wahoo! So, if you want coupons in the mail, give me your address and I will be sending you some good deals! You all better come see me! For right now, I am only working at night and on Saturdays because of my other job, but we will see how things go. The salon in right on University Avenue in Provo across from the huge new Wells Fargo Bank. So don't be shy! Come on in! Check out the website for pricing: http://mysalonontheave.com

And- I can still give my family discounts. :) (I can charge whatever I want.)

6 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Way to go! I am so excited for you to be working there. It sounds like a great situation. I was walking to my mom about this and she said the two most important people to a woman are their OBGYN and their hairdresser! You'll be great and I'm sure it won't take long for you to build up your clientele!

Lokodi said...

Congrats girl. It looks much nicer from the inside than the outside. It looks like the front could use some TLC, but it could be just the picture. I love the lights in the inside. It's got a great atmosphere. I wish I was there to get a good haircut. I really need one.

Lindsey

Cedar Fort said...

Yea, the front does need a bit. It has a new owner because the last one went bankrupt. So, she is slowly changing everything. It looked ALOT different. She has changed the floor, paint, lighting, tons of stuff. She still has a few things left to do, but other than that, it's going to be so fun!!
-Gillian

The Dayleys said...

Congrats!!! That is SO exciting! I hope your first day goes well :)

beckaboots said...

Awesome! I've thought about going to cosmetology school after I graduate in May but I'm still not sure. That is so cool that you got a job there!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Good job Gilly! I'd love a haircut...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...