Saturday, March 20, 2010

D.I. Is amazing and Park City Trip

This is going to be along post, with lots of pictures. Sorry. 

This week was Spring Break for Kevin. We originally planned to go down to Vegas or St. George from Wed night-Sunday but some things happened at work this week (I will not go into details.) and I had to stay. Basically they can't go a day without me because I am so good with customers on the phone and I know how to do everything that everyone else does. They cant handle the office when I am not there. Seriously. Anyway, I took a half a day off yesterday though because my boss had told me I could a few weeks ago. 

So, Kevin and I went to Park City. It was sooo much fun! When we first got up there, we went to see Aunt Liz's old house. I wanted to show Kevin where she used to live and I wanted to look at some houses. We then went and tried to find Kevin Block (sp?) house- the owner of DC shoes. We couldn't find it. Oh well. We had fun looking at houses. After that, we went to the outlets. Kevin got two new shirts- 6 dollars each. One is pale yellow and one is blue. I told him he had to get some softer colors away from his plain color scheme- black and gray. We shopped around a bit, and then walked around town. It's such a beautiful place. I love it there. I don't love the people, but I love the atmosphere and the town and the architecture. So amazing. We ate at Baja Cantina- so good!! We got a table right by the window in this little nook. It was a really fun dinner and not too expensive. Oh- and we both dressed up nice for the night. He wore a nice button up shirt and his dark pants that are way nice and fit yummy... and I wore a nice blouse with black skinny jeans and high heels. All. Night. Long. my feet were killing me. 


After that, we went out to the park city resort (which is like 10 steps from the restaurant haha) and Kevin told me stories about when him and his friends used to go every saturday morning in high school. He pointed out all his favorite hills and we played in the snow a little bit. 

He wasnt ready for the picture yet.
Then when he was, I looked retarded. 
Had to steal a kiss :)
My model pose (I had changed into boots right before this so I didnt ruin my heels in the snow.) 
Kevin doing something weird with his hand. 

After all that, we went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and got a caramel apple. We got 'Apple Pie' which is a green apple dipped in caramel, white chocolate, and then rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Yes, it tasted like apple pie and was good.

After that, we started coming home. We needed gas, so in Heber we stopped and got some. The place we stopped at has a "Free Frazil Friday" for the month of March. So, we hit the jack pot and got free frazils! Boy what a night. When we got home, we fed our fish, put on our jammies, and stayed up till 2 watching a movie together. It was one of the best dates we have had since we got married. We got to spend almost all day together and it was so good to catch up and just talk! I love spending time with him.

On another note, we didnt have plans for anything today, so Kevin went on a bike ride, and I went to D.I. Boy did I pick a good day!! Here are my finds for the day: (oh, and keep in mind my total was $20.61.) 

I will turn the white thing into a spice rack I think.. maybe? I am painting it for sure. It has little hooks to hang up on the back. The black thing is adorable. It's a little clock that I dont think works, but I dont care. I love the nobs on it. I will clean it up and hang it in our room.

All these 4 things SO adorable! I will hang them up somewhere in the front room I think. The sign next to it sais "flowers- proof the earth laughs" and I can hang that above.

Close up of one.

cute.

I love all of this, and if I had a beach house, I wouldnt change a bit, but I am going to modpodge pictures in the middle where the painting is because It doesnt match our house. I will hang this in the bathroom.

Shirt/Dress. I will wear this with leggings most likely. Its so cute on

cutest dress ever! It fits SO cute! It goes past my knees, and the straps are removeable. I will wear a t shirt under it or a cardigan over it.

tank top. I bought this for kaitlin. It was only a dollar.

Shirt I got for myself.

Close up of the shirt.

WAY cute cardigan. It looks so cute on. 

All that for $20.61! DANG! This is a good day!


10 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

What a good day at DI! I went there this week and found a bunch of cute frames, but that was it!

Glad you guys had fun on your date! -Jen

Debbie Barr said...

Dang, I need to go to D.I.!
I think it's so cool all the fun things you've been able to fix up for your apartment! Definitely inspiring. I should do some for ours, too.

But George and I will be moving in a few months, so I'm a little hesitant to try and decorate our blah apartment now. Ah, well.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Man, I wish we had a DI. Very cute. One day I will come visit Utah again and we can go together.

Tana said...

Wow..I never had luck like that when I went to DI! Cute stuff. And your date looked like a lot of fun!

Amie and Jesse said...

DANG! I am so jealous! is this all at the orem DI? the one in cedar is a hole in the wall, it never has anything good! those are all way cute!

Chelsea Hope said...

I really need to hit me up some DI! Dang girl!

chelsey said...

Looks like some great buys! I miss my DI.. :(
Fun date too!

Gillian and Kevin Mohlman said...

wahoo! If any of you want to come DI shopping with me I will teach you how! haha. I wish we had a goodwill close by... I need to go to one of those. I keep getting so many things at DI that I am running out of wall space in our apartment!!

Margo Blue said...

Great finds!! I so miss DI. I used to live in Payson and would visit the one in Provo and American Fork. All I have now is Goodwill. That's the price I pay for moving out of Utah..... Have a great one!!1 :O)

WestSacHoney said...

Oooh you scored big time! I don't know what DI is though I know I hit up goodwill last week and found some goodies too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...