Wednesday, March 31, 2010

8 Months of Bliss...

Well, maybe not complete bliss... but just about!



Today Kevin and I have been married for 8 months. 8 great months! I have learned so much. When we were dating, we never EVER fought. We just didn't have anything to disagree on. I think we were just in that stage of being so in love that we just didn't have time for anything but to love eachother.

Well, after we got married, that changed. (Not a lot, but it did.)  Haha. Whoever said marriage was easy? I think it's funny when people get asked "How are you liking married life?" And they answer: "Oh my gosh, I love it we are just so happy. Couldn't be happier. It's just perfect." or something along those lines. When I first got married, I too would answer that way. But, I think when I was answering that way, It was only partly true. I am happy, and I do love being married.. but it's definitaly not perfect. Anyone who says that it's perfect is LYING haha...

But I do have to say though, that I am glad we disagree on things sometimes. It's healthy to get things out and talk about our problems. Not that we have a ton, but we do have some. Every couple does. Ours are just about dumb things like why he keeps the toilet seat up (I HATE that!) or who's turn it is to do dishes (he probably does them more than me. what a sweetheart.) or what tv show to watch, or why I am acting too sensitive or emotional. Dumb, right? But, I think it's funny now that I look back on all the dumb little things we have argued about. We consider ourselves very very lucky because we don't have any major things to fight about. For the most part, we get a long with a few occasional hurt feelings or dumb arguments. But, I am grateful that he is so good to me and patient enough to work out any problems we may have. If he does make me mad, we kiss and make up 5 minutes later.

Me being mad.

5 minutes later, we kissed and made up.

Marriage has been a huge blessing in my life. I love the fact that I can wake up to him every morning. I love the fact that if I had a bad dream at night or hear scary noises, I have someone to check the house for strangers/monsters. I love the fact that when I'm sad, he makes me happy. I love the fact that I come first to someone, not last. I love the fact that I have a best friend that I can be with all the time. I love the fact that I am taken care of before anyone else is. I love the fact that I have an eternal companion. I love the fact that I have a worthy priesthood holder at all hours of the day. I love the fact that I feel loved no matter what. I just love being married!

It sure has it's ups and downs, but the ups sure outweigh the downs. I feel very blessed to have found Kevin. What a great husband he is. He is the most patient and kind and loving person I have ever met. He is everything I needed but never knew I wanted. Now that I have him, I couldn't live without him. God sure was looking after me when he brought us together. I just want him to know how grateful I am for him and for the person he has sculpted me into. I love him so much, and couldn't have picked a better spouse!


So, done with the serious stuff, lets tell you what I have learned from being married so far:

*The toilet seat doesn't go down on it's self. And, Kevin says "If I have to put it up, you can put it down." So whatever. Just got used to it I guess. Although I hate it.
*If you bribe your husband with a massage, he will do the dishes
*Sleep talking is completely normal. People who don't do it are weird.
*Using your spouses toothbrush is ok. Because I used kevin's twice now, not noticing I was doing it, and he didn't even get mad. I'm pretty sure he used it after.
*It's not fun choosing which family to go see when it's a holiday or special occasion dinner.
*There are too many names and birthdays to remember. When I see a little kid I just say "hey you." don't worry, they know i'm talking about them. (quote from clara)
*we are bound to have at least two babies new each year.
*Love is unconditional.
*You need time apart. You really do. It makes the heart grow fonder. And keeps you sane.
*Your friends don't treat you the same way.
*You each need a hobby to do SEPARATELY and together.

And that's all for right now.


Love you Momo. You are my world. Love you to the moon and back.

Love, G.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jill!! You've been married for eight months and I still have a little more than two months! Crazy! Love you.
-Kilee

Tana said...

Eight months! Time flies!

Nicole said...

VERY cute, honest, awesome blog! LOVE it! (And, I haven't forgotten about your song, completely--)=) One of these days I'll have something for you....

beckaboots said...

8 months! Congrats! It is true that your friends treat you differently annnnd that you need to do your own thing sometimes. But it is definitely amazing and awesome to be married.
That is hilarious that you call your hubbs El Guapo too! We are bound to be friends.
-Bekah

The Dayleys said...

Congrats on 8 months! Mitch and I just hit 5 months :) Marriage is WONDERFUL but you are right, no marriage is perfect but is worth every minute!! :) I loved reading about the toilet seat lol! I realized I'm super lucky, I never have to worry about that one :)

Michelle said...

Congrats on 8 months!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...