Tuesday, February 23, 2010

D.I. is the BOMB!

So, I dont know what it is, but I cant stop going to DI. It has so many things there that can be made into beautys. I also bought a new glue gun this week from roberts- my first one. weird. Then, I went to my moms and saw that she has like 5. Should have stolen one from her... Here is the project I did tonight.

I found this at D.I. for 50 cents. I had some ideas for it...

I painted it black with some acrylic paint

I distressed it

I added some window screen stuff on the back of it with a staple gun

and filled it with my earrings and other jewelry! Works fantastic!

I know.. I have way too much jewelry. I like the cork board spot on it because I have a few studs that work perfectly in it! 

Kevin and I just have to find a spot for my bracelets..

I finally added flowers and hung up my board. I made the flowers out of paper and put buttons in the middle of them.

I painted my M and added paper flowers. I distressed it a little too.

Put it in the office...

These are flowers that Adam and Amy gave me the night before I took my test. They are awesome! Thanks! They still look beautiful.



15 comments:

chelsey said...

Don't you love good finds?! I miss DI! I wish there was one out here! Goodwill just doesn't quite compare.

You're so crafty now I love it! You need to come visit me so we can craft together. Now that Brent's already gone and traveling, I need some company. Late night crafting sounds WAY fun!

Jess and Jen said...

Way to go, Gillian! That looks awesome! I don't make it to DI often enough. -Jen

jcook said...

that is awesome Gill! that is seriously so cute! you should give me some of your creativity :)

Katherine Loveless said...

You are so crafty! I LOVE IT!

Team Clark said...

Super cute, Gillian!

Michelle said...

Di does rock, I miss it, however out here in Iowa we have a store named STUFF and it's awesome, it's an upscale consignment store and it's like an awesome garage sale every time you go. Then there's goodwill which could be compared to DI. Great looking projects.

Cedar Fort said...

There is a "RE" store out here- its a goodwill store I think but just house stuff?? Anyway, I am going to try to make it there on saturday and see what I can find! I love thrift stores. When we were on our honeymoon, we stayed in a hotel that was next to a really nice thrift store. It had TONS of stuff!!! I wish that store was out here... I get a thrill out of finding good deals.

-Gillian

Mike and Adrianne said...

I like all the crafts you are doing! It would be fun if you lived closer so we could do them together.

JulieChats said...

Great projects! I love the letter with the simple flower embellishment!

Just stopping by from Today's Creative! Signed up to follow you! Stop by my blog when you get a chance, I'm always looking for a few more crafty followers! http://juliechats.blogspot.com

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

50 Cents? Amazing. Your jewellery holder is priceless. Really nice!

Jennie said...

DI IS THE BOMB! I have to travel an hour to get to my nearest one...WAY WORTH IT! Great finds and great job too! Love it all.

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

tracyg said...

great job. keep meaning to make something similar. i will one day.
love the 'M' too!
tracyg

Jami Schoettler said...

I love this! I have an itch to distress everything in my house! Jami

Tausha said...

super cute. Great idea to use the old memo board. I too am a lover of the di! I love it, if I don't go at least once or twice a week-I tend to go into withdrawls. I figure it's a good thing-I could be spending on lots more expensive stuff.
Please, stop by and say hello!

Kari said...

OK, that is an adorable jewelry organizer! Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...