Monday, January 25, 2010

Let's change that to I. Want. To. Be. Happy.

Ok.. so my last post was pretty negative.... but sometimes it feels good to let it all out. I think for me, sometimes it takes complaining about things to remember what's actually good in your life. So, I decided to write about the things I am lucky and happy to have in my life.


#1. Kevin
He is my best friend, my husband, the love, the rock, the happiness, and the man of my life! I can't imagine my life without him. Our first date changed my life forever, and I am so grateful that it did. Despite others doubts about us or worries about me getting married so young, he has helped me grow up, and has helped me find true happiness and I am glad we followed our hearts. Through all the good and bad, he will always be there and I am so lucky to have him. I love him more than anyone or anything in the world.


#2. Family
All 11 kids, and two parents, are simply amazing. They are constantly providing love, care, and help to me and each other. They are all good examples- have been married in the temple, have children, are active members, and are good people. They put others above themselves. Although they all live far away and I hardly get to see any of them, I still feel as though they are right here with me supporting me along the ups and downs of life. My parents put up with me and my raging tempers sometimes- who knows how they did it. Despite how things may have ended when I moved out, I do still love my mom and dad very much.

Kevin's family- for accepting me and pulling me under their wings the minute Kev and I started dating. I have never felt out of place at their home. They are fun, and always getting together like one big happy family! :) Haha, they provide constant laughs and love to Kevin and I.

#3. The Temple
Although I get anxiety every time we have to go because of all the things to remember and do, I get a feeling of love every time I sit in that celestial room. I can feel the spirits of the ones who have passed on who I am doing the work for. I know I am where I am supposed to be when I am there. I am grateful that the temple made it possible for Kevin and I to be together for eternity.

#4. My Musical Theater Kids
Although I may not be performing anymore and it may have been my dream, I am glad I still have the opportunity to make that dream for my students. I am grateful that I have the ability to teach, and be listened to, and be loved by my students. I am grateful for that studio and how it has changed my life. I am grateful to provide a fun place/out for my students to come and learn, live, and have the time of their life. I may not live my dream, but I can help them live theirs.

#5. Free Things
I am grateful for free things! I am so grateful that we were lucky enough to be blessed with a free vacuum, free couches, free bed, free computer, free tv, free table and chairs, free EVERY piece of furniture we own. Thanks peeps for helping us out.

#6. Lunch Dates with Old Friends
I am grateful for Camilla and Kilee. Although we may not hang out every day, or even once in a month, every time we get together, we talk and talk like nothing changed. We start off where we left off. No catching up, just the same. I love them so much, and am so grateful that Camilla came out to my wedding! I am grateful for friends that would drop anything to come to my side if I ever needed them. I hope they know I would do the same.

#7. Sunshine, pools, and books.
Although in this picture I am EXTREMELY sunburn, (hence the tshirt on, the towel covering my legs, and the towel over my head) I am grateful for sunshine. It really helps me have a good day. I am grateful for water, pools, wherever water is, that I can cool off on a hot day. I am grateful for a good book to read- and have read over 50 in the last year.

#8. Nature
I am grateful for the beauty around us. This picture is at Zions National Park when I went with Kevin and some other friends back in May. I am grateful for trees, waterfalls, flowers, etc. It provides a fun hike and beauty to look at.

#9. Bike Rides
I am SO grateful for bike rides. It's fun, exercise, and Kevin loves it too.

#10. Photography
I am grateful for photography. I am glad I can take pictures to capture moments I may not remember. I am grateful to have a camera! I can look back at photos and remember what was happening RIGHT then, and smile. This picture was taken when I was out taking picture of my sister Kaitlin.

#11. Ammon
I am so grateful for Ammon. I can't even begin to say. He has come to my life and blessed it so much. I hope to be HALF the person he is- with his positive outlook on life, even when he is in the hospital getting a major surgery, or in pain, or having a hard time breathing. He continues to bless my life in such a way that I can't explain.

#12. Bras
Yes, let me be gross for a minute. I am so glad we all have bras. Wish everyone knew how to use them.

#13. Camping
So glad I can go camping. It's so much fun. I grew up going camping quite a bit, and I am glad Kevin loves it too. It's fun to sleep under the stars, sing songs by the campfire, eat junk, and tell scary stories. Not fun to squat while peeing though.

#14. Choir/Performing
So grateful for my time in high school when I got to sing, and be myself and love what I did. I am so grateful for the friends I made, the talent I learned of, and the fun I had!
(this picture above is me singing Midnight Train To Georgia)

This picture is me and Jacob Jamsa singing "Love Heals"

Me singing "The Color Purple" my senior Year.
And LAST, but not least,

#15. Babies
I love them! I am so grateful to have 43 nieces and nephews!!! They are all my favorite babies and kids in the world. They are all so innocent and loving. I love love love babies.

Well, that's it for now. I'm grateful for a lot more of things, but for now, that's all I will list.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sometimes the bad times just make you appreciate the good times that much more. I'm glad you're feeling better Gillian. You are beautiful. :)

Lyss said...

Great minds think alike. Too funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...