Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Few Things...

-Kevin and I have been really good at keeping our heat down when we aren't home and when we are going to bed. (OR so I thought...) When we aren't home, it goes down to 60 and same with when we go to bed. Kevin sleeps really hot and breathes heavy so he keeps the bed warm enough for us both. Even when we are home, we usually don't let it get above 68 or 70. We figure we can wear socks or jackets and it really isn't too bad. We do turn it up sometimes when it's super cold. Well, this last week, we got our gas bill for last month. OK, WHAT THE FREAK! It was 80 DOLLARS! The month before that, it was only 50. The month before that, it was like 30. Are we doing something wrong? I swear we have been keeping it down but apparently not!! I am so mad. That's a lot of money for a small 2 bedroom apartment. I know I prob shouldn't complain since you guys all pay like 300 dollars for your big houses but come on. We are newly weds. We don't got that kinda money to throw away for heat we don't need. Haha.

-Work. Work work work. It's stressing me out. I don't think my boss likes me. I'm trying my hardest to make things good but I don't think they believe in me or give me the credit I deserve for trying so hard. They won't pay for someone to make the blogs look way cool (I can't do the HTML stuff.) They won't pay to make the blogs into a .com domain. They told me I have to get lots and lots of followers and comments sooner than later because if not, I am wasting the companies money. Ok, lets be real for a second. How long did it take you guys to get followers on your blogs? I have 12 right now, and I started this blog LAST April. I have 24 followers on my book blog for work and I started it in NOVEMBER. Apparently that isn't good enough for them. I am REALLY frustrated. I mean, I really could loose my job at any time. I wish they understood how hard I am working and how much I do. I really can't even talk about it without getting upset. They say "well don't stress, if it doesn't work out, it's ok. this is just an experiment..." Ok, well this isn't just an experiment for me. It's a JOB. I work hard, and I don't want to loose it. Ok, I'm done complaining.

-I just found out one of my friends is prego. I won't say who because she hasn't said anything yet. And don't try to guess who it is because you aren't getting it out of me. I am so happy for her. I really am! When she told me I just had a huge smile on my face. I know she is going to be a great mom! It's weird seeing friends I grew up with and went to school with getting married and having kids. I guess we really are getting old! Haha. I am excited for my time to become a mom. I will take the challenge any time the Lord wants to throw it to me. I really can't wait to be a stay at home mom and just take care of my little kids. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom. I think before I knew I could sing and dance, I knew I was going to be a mom!

-On Mondays I teach Musical Theater still. Last night after class, (my class is the last one there) I stayed late. I wanted to stretch and dance a little, and sing. It's fun to sing in the studio because it has GREAT acoustics! No one was there, so I got to let it all out. It felt soooooooooooooooo good to sing. You have no idea. I haven't really sung full out for a REALLY long time. I can't even remember when I did last. Reason being- Im not in choir anymore, and I live in an apartment and I know they can hear me when I sing. The couple that lives above me one sunday came to me and said "oh my gosh, I heard you singing this morning and I love your voice! Sing more often!" I was really embarrassed because I didn't know they could hear me. I always sing when I am showering or getting ready, and their bathroom is right above ours I guess. They hear my voice go up through the vent on the ceiling and yea. So, I kinda stopped singing at home. I don't want to bother them. Plus, if I sang full out, they would get annoyed I think because I am loud! So last night, I put all of that aside, put on some music, and just sang and sang and sang for like a half an hour. It felt so good. It felt even better to  know I still have it :) I can still hit all the high notes, and actually, even higher ones than I could in high school. (I cant go low anymore though.) Oh man. What a dream it would be to record some day.

-Kevin started school again. He goes to class tuesday and thursday nights and friday. He is only taking English 2010 and a Construction Management Class. Hopefully he will do well in his classes. It will suck being alone on tuesday and thursday nights! Girls nights! Haha.

Thats all for now. Just wanted to quickly write something. How's your week going?

Gillian

12 comments:

Debbie (Nerd Goddess) said...

I'm sorry work has been difficult for you, Gillian. Getting a blog readership is hard, and it takes time! If you need any help with anything, let me know.

PaigeE said...

I'm in for the work fight! Done and done.

Jess and Jen said...

Let your bosses know that it's a bit short-sighted to say that followers = readers. I personally don't "follow" any blogs, but I read plenty. I think the idea of following is kinda silly and I've never liked it. Kinda like "being a fan of..." on Facebook. -Jess

Jess and Jen said...

Oh, and if your bosses wanted the blog idea to succeed, they'd provide links from their home page to the blogs.

Gillian and Kevin Mohlman said...

They do have direct links on the website. And they have the facebook link too. It's all on the front page.
-Paige- Strike!

Jess and Jen said...

Holy cow, I just looked at www.cedarfort.com and yes, they did put links up. I hadn't realized that.

About the gas: get used to that. Our first married apartment was very similar -- we paid over $100 in one month for gas. We now routinely pay about $160/mo. during the winter to keep our home heated to 68 while we're awake.

Debbie (Nerd Goddess) said...

Oh, BTW a good way to help Cedar Fort realize how many people you are reaching is adding Sitemeter or Google Analytics to your page. Basically, any web service that keeps track of visitors. That way you can see how many people are visiting the blog, where they are coming from, how long they are staying, etc. It's a lot better way to keep track of readership than Followers. And you can find lots of options for free!

Laura said...

My roommates' gas bill for November was $100 (we live in a three-story townhouse) and December was $133!! I called my dad because I freaked out. :) He said when it's super cold outside (like how it was 2 degrees for several mornings in a row last month), the gas bill goes way up because it has to work harder to heat the building. Man...sometimes being a grownup is no fun at all, but I'm glad you have things in your life that bring you joy. Like MUSIC! Love you Jill :)

Eric Hansen said...

I hate paying for utilities cause it's one of those things you kinda forget about until that blasted bill comes.... LOVE you Gilly, and your beautiful voice. I want to live above you so you can can sing to me while I get ready in the mornings :) Oh and I too read a lot of blogs but don't necessarily "follow" any.... sorry work is stressing, I hate that! Let's get together... DATE NIGHT!

Eric Hansen said...

And that was meant to be on my name... ughhh I can't believe that is my husband, that picture... ? haha

Mike and Adrianne said...

You already know how I feel about the work situation. I find it highly unrealistic for them to believe that you can get followers that quickly. I think they are being unfair with their expectations.

Anyway, keep singing. Maybe you could quit your job and make CD's instead and be a famous singer.

Gillian and Kevin Mohlman said...

Oh man I love you all! Here is to all of you:

Paige: Thank GOODNESS I have you to talk to at work... I would go crazy if you weren't here!

Jess: Yea, the website is pretty nice and he recently added them all on there. I have to say though- your house is ALWAYS cold when I am there. Haha.

Debbie: I actually use google analytics and get alot of readers from around the world! I get some from Brazil and Fiji! I don't know how, but I do. I seem to be doing well on there, but I don't get any comments except from people I know. I just don't know if I am writing things that are actually interesting...

Laura: Haha, that is funny! I guess that makes sense about it going up. It has been frigid lately! I'm sooo ready for summer... What did your dad say about your bill? I bet he just laughed.

Eric: oh wait, I mean Chelsea: I miss you so much! I really really want to plan a CRAZY fun date night! I have a good idea for it, but you have to call me!!!! Yea, work is hard but I really am grateful I have a job. And lets move by eachother and you can dance for me and I sing for you.. perfect. Tell Eric his picture scares me....

Adrianne: I am glad you have let me vent it all out to you. You are the greatest. Thanks for all the advice and listening! I would love to quit my job and just sing.. last night I watched American Idol and cried because I was sad it wasn't me. Pathetic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...