Saturday, December 12, 2009

Temple Square



We went to Temple Square last night with our friends Whitney and Tanner. It was so much fun! Going to see the lights is my favorite thing to do at Christmas time. I am so glad I got a new camera for my birthday so I could take pictures of all the pretty lights. It seems like they do less and less lights every year though- does anyone else agree? It was kinda fun to go back to the SLC temple- 4 months after we were married. It really reminded us of our wedding day and how much fun it was. It made it that much more fun to be there now that I have been inside of the temple and got sealed to my best friend there for eternity. I am sure every time I go back to that temple, I will feel that way. :)



We first went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I had never been there and it was pretty good. I don't really like plain old spaghetti- so I got fettuccine. It was way good! We then parked about 3 blocks from the temple so we could walk around town and enjoy all the lights everywhere. I love salt lake city around Christmas time!



                          

Did I mention that I LOVE my camera? So glad I had one there. Hope you all got to enjoy the lights this year too- and if not.. sorry! OH- and guess what! We saw Boyd K. Packer there! He was walking into the temple (the weird door by the visitors center kinda that has no windows or anything- I think that is where you go in for baptisms) It was cool. We didn't get to say hi or anything- It was just quick that we saw him. Cool.

5 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

It's been probably six years or longer since I've seen the lights on temple square. I miss seeing them every year and one day I will be back in Utah around Christmas and get to see them again.

The Hancocks said...

I am jealous that you went to Temple Square! I love it up there, I will have to get my Hubby to go!! I am so glad that you posted on my blog! Now I can see yours! I love it! Married life is the BEST and I have never been happier, I can see that you must feel the same! I love your blog and I am excited to see where life takes us both! :)

Debbie (Nerd Goddess) said...

Looks like you guys had fun! That's so cool you got to see Elder Packer, too. :)

Jess and Jen said...

We had our combined activity there last Wednesday night. Burr...cold! I agree that there seemed to be less lights than I remember, but it's still pretty amazing. -Jess

Tana said...

So pretty! I love the lights there too. The DC temple has lights as well and it is so pretty..not as big as SLC but still nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...