Thursday, December 17, 2009

Spare Change! Save all your pennies my friends!


 
I finished reading "Spare Change" by Aubrey Mace last night. The book is about a woman in her 20's, single, and working at a Cancer Treatment Center- who makes a new years resolution that "changes" her life. Her family has a tradition of making new years resolutions every year- although she doesn't think they really work. She thinks making goals (ones you wish you could accomplish, but never do..) just set you up for failure. This year however, is different for her. She decides to save all her pennies and spare change and at the end of the  year, she will cash them in to a charity fund- to the place she works at for the cancer patients. People find out about it and start donating their change (even twenty dollar bills) to help her reach her goal. This book kept me crying, laughing, smiling, and feeling good inside. It really inspired me to do something like that myself...

I decided I too am going to start saving pennies. I have always told the cashier to keep the spare change- but now, I can collect it, and donate it to a good cause. Who is with me? I am donating my funds to the Spina Bifida Association.


1 comment:

Mike and Adrianne said...

That's a great idea Gilly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...