Thursday, November 12, 2009

Well, if thats not called luck, what is?

Kidding. Apparently my body doesn't know what luck is... This has been the two weeks from hell for me! Literally. Beware. This is a long post.

Two weeks ago on a monday, I went to the doctor to finally get some answers about my feet. They had been throbbing nonstop on my heel, and felt like I was always walking on fluid infested heels.. (sorry, gross.) I started getting shooting pains up my leg after I had been on my feet for the day, so it was finally time to get them taken care of! Well, lucky me, I have Plantar fasciitis. (irritation and swelling of the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot.) He gave me shots- MOST painful thing in my life.. I dont EVER recommend it. I had to get one in each foot. I also have to get orthodics, which are about 300 dollars. I told him I would wait on that. I bruised really bad on my heels and also had a reaction to the cortisone. I had to put them above my heart to let the swelling go down. I mean, come on people, aren't I just lucky?

So, yes, my feet still hurt a little. They are slowly getting better. I would never get the shots ever again. Thats for sure. I Am glad my new job is something I can sit down at.

On Halloween, I started getting these weird sharp cramps. (beware: this next part might be something you dont wanna hear about). I have always had horrid cramps, but nothing I couldn't handle. When I started getting these weird cramps, I would have to hold my breath till the sharp pain went away. I couldn't even take a big breath. The cramps were abnormally lower than they usually are on me, and I was also getting them in my right side, kinda like a side ache. I thought it was because we had been eating junk all weekend because of Halloween, but it kept coming and getting worse as the two weeks went by.

Monday night, I came home feeling pretty sick after work. We ate dinner, and immediately after we ate, I started having this weird attack where I couldnt breathe again. It was just like when I had my gall bladder attacks.. you cant take a big breath or you feel like the pain is a sharp knife going through your side. I had violent cramps and started to kinda freak out. I started crying- so Kevin ran to the neighbors house to get someone to come help him give me a healing blessing. I was kinda scared because I thought maybe I might have been prego, and that I was having a miscarriage. or something. (far fetched, I know..) but I can hardly call my last period a period.. it was 95% lighter than normal.. and I didnt have like any cramps.. Weird. We were trying to decide whether or not we should go to the hospital, or wait till the morning to go to the doc, or just wait till it all passed. We werent sure if my old insurance had lapsed yet, so we didnt really want to do that incase I wasnt covered. So our neighbor came over and him and Kevin gave me a blessing that I would know whether or not to go to the hospital/doc. I made it through the night till about 4:30 and woke up with the same pain again. By 6, it had subsided, and I got up to get ready for work. I just started my job and wasn't about to miss. I went to work in serious pain, but was determined to get it through the day. When 9:00 rolled around that morning, I honestly couldn't handle it anymore. I called the doctor and they had me down to come in at 2. My boss told me to leave and get some rest and get it all figured out. I came home and tried to sleep but couldnt. At 2, I went in to Dr. Frandson in Spanish Fork. He made me get a blood test, pregnancy test, urine test, and a two finger test.. (dont ask. really sick...) I mean, REALLY? all that? And, to top things off, they were making kevin stay at work and finish some doors, so I was all alone. Well, the doc decided after all my tests that it was probably an appendicitis. I wasnt prego, and he couldn't feel any cysts from where he felt.. gross. So, around 4:30, I finally left his office and headed over to the hospital for a cat scan. Around 6:15, they came out with the results. I have two ovarian cysts- one on each side. I also have Adenitis (inflamation of the lymph nodes by your appendix.) Not an Appendicitis, but still in the same general area. I am relieved that I didnt have to get surgery, but kind of upset that the only thing they can do to take care of these problems is "let them pass, and take loratab" I came home that night, and took a loratab with my food. I started to feel better, and started saying weird stuff to kevin, and couldn't stop laughing. Once I got to sleep- I was OUT till 7 AM the next morning.Kevin asked how I was feeling but I had been cramping horribly and felt really sick, so he gave me a loratab with water. Neither of us realized- hey- you need to take food with this.. so I went back to sleep till ten. I had to wake up because someone was coming to look at my car. (its been for sale since sunday) So, I showered, and got dressed. By the time I did all of that, I felt super sick. I then realized that I had taken the loratab without food, or milk.. and that was prob why I was feeling sick. I got a knock at my front door thinking it was the kid to look at my car, but it was Brittney! Thank goodness.. I didnt feel like being alone. She came in and we got talking and all of the sudden, my speech got slow. I couldnt talk, and I felt like I was going to puke. I ran to the bathroom, and she followed me. I threw up- poor girl watched it! I went to stand up thinking I was done, and threw up again. Gosh Dangit! I HATE throw up!!!!! But, it did make me feel better. I got up and we talked for about a half an hour more, then she left. The Kid never came to see my car, so I decided to try to get to sleep. Then- something incredibly weird happened. I had this weird out of body experience. I am pretty sure the loratab was a higher dose than I am normally used to... I layed down, and started seriously seeing double. I felt extremely heavy, and couldn't move from where I was at. I felt sick again, but couldnt move to throw up. I then couldnt open my eyes anymore... and wanted to reach for my phone. I was scared, I had no idea what the heck was happening. I felt like I was high.. although I dont know what thats like. I was scared that I was going to pass out and not wake up. I wanted to call someone, anyone to come get me! I said a prayer instead, and fell asleep. I woke up 3 hours later feeling much better. Ok, I will NEVER never take a loratab again. I mean, thats so weird because I only took two all together, one the night before, and one the next morning. It sure didnt wear off fast. If thats what its like to be high, I never want to do it again. I was seriously scared for my life. Ugh.

So, now, I am off the pain meds, but still cramping up a little, and feeling a little sick. Man, Kevin is one lucky guy. His wife has already been to the hospital since we got married.. lucky him. Little does he know, my luck is always bad luck, and I am sure I will always have something coming at me. Kevin is at work.. so I am here, alone again. I hate being alone. Did I already say that?

On a happy note, We sold my car last night for 950.00. Yay! We work by eachother so we can car pool now, and see how it works out to have one car till he starts school full time again. For now, we will just share. Love it. Now we can hurry and pay off my loan, and have extra cash to spare from the 950.00. (well, to save.) Anyway, thats my last two weeks. Hope you enjoyed my horribly written venting stories.

5 comments:

Jess and Jen said...

Gillian, I'm sorry you've had to go through this. I had a roommate in college that had cysts and she was in a lot of pain...your stories totally bring back memories of that. Wait until you've had a couple pregnancies...puking and two finger tests will seems like nothing!

Congrats on selling your car!

chelsey said...

I just got back from VTing and the gal I was visiting has cysts as well. She wasn't doing all too great today either. I guess they will eventually rupture and heal fine and be pain free, but once you've had them you're prone to getting them again on and off. Good luck!
And congrats on a car sale!

The Duke said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little better today. Loritab doesn't work very well for most of the girls in this family.
Let me know if you need anything.

Gillian and Kevin Mohlman said...

I need to get out of this apartment, thats what I need! I have been here since saturday- havent gotten ready, and we dont have a TV. BORING!! Save me!

B said...

Girl, I feel your pain! (or at least some of it.) I had ovarian cysts a couple of years ago - worst pain of my life! I'm sorry! I hope you're feeling back to your old self soon! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...