Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Job, 3 months, Books, Hair.... Everything!

Well, I have not been very good at updating lately. Here is why: one, I work late most days and am too tired to do it when I get home. two, my camera died.. :( :( sad day. and three, the laptop has a crack in it and its starting to get hard to read! So yea. But- I can promise you I will be updating more because I just got a new job- making blogs! Haha. I had been stressing about my job for a while. I hate working Sundays.. and since my feet have been giving me major problems, standing all day is not my forte. I also was starting to realize alot of things I didn't like about that job... the manager is only 18. Yea. There was alot of drama involved in the job and I got stuck with alot of things that the manager should have taken responsibility for. I wont go into details, I just know I wanted to get out. So, I started praying about finding a new job. On Sunday, I got this idea to call my friend Tanner. Tanner's dad owns Cedar Fort Publishing in Springville. I thought maybe his dad might have something for me. So I called tanner and he told me to contact his brother about a job. They were looking for someone to work in a few areas at their place. I had the day off on Monday so I took my resume in. I really didn't expect to get a job at first. Tanner's brother Bryce pulled me back into his office and we talked for a bit about the job and about me and my experience. Turns out, they were looking for someone who is creative and confident to make some blogs for their company. They also needed someone to twitter and facebook about them.. who better than me for that? Haha, I admit it.. I am addicted to facebook sometimes. So, they offered me a job. Its full time- Mon through Fri 8-5. I cant wait to start! I start next Thursday. I am SO grateful for it. Cedar Fort publishes books all over the nation. They have this one called Shattered Silence- look it up on Youtube. It was on Oprah! Most of their books are LDS. They also have jewelry and bookmarks, and scripture totes and stuff like that. You can look them up on www.cedarfort.com Anyway, when I get the blogs up and going, I hope you will all become followers! If I ask you to join on facebok, please do. :)

So. On my my next item of business. Kevin and I will have been married 3 Months on Halloween.. wow! I honestly cant believe it. It goes by so fast. I kind of want to slow down time and just enjoy the ride. It's going much to fast for me! I have enjoyed every minute of being married.. even when kevin farts and me and makes me gag.. yes. He did that the other night. Now, I can look back on it and laugh. Yea, we fight.. but just like every other newlywed does. Its not about anything- its always about things that dont matter. Like who keeps leaving the toilet seat up (obviously its kevin) and who ate all the Reese's Shell (and of course thats me, because its my favorite stuff!) and other stupid things like that. Its quite funny to think back on all the dumb stuff. Glad we have them I guess... good for a laugh.

I have been on a book marathon since we got married. I think I am up to like 12 books now since we have been married? Any that were amazing? No. I keep getting junk. Yea, they have good stories and all, but they all swear. ALOT. It's hard to find a good book without that stuff. It's kinda a given. Any suggestions?

I finally got my hair done after 3 months. That is the longest I have gone forever. I LOVE how it turned out. I didn't cut it, just colored it. I will surprise you all with a picture if I can steal a camera this week :) P.S. If anyone was going to get me a present for my BDAY in December or for XMAS.. I want a Camera. a GOOD one. I will love you forever....

Kevin and I went and saw Where the Wild Things Are. Ok, have you seen it? I wont lie, I wasnt too impressed. I couldnt decide if it was a childrens movie, or an adult movie. It swore a few times and had a few parts that little kids would be really scared in. I cant decide if I liked it or not. Hmm. Any good movies you have seen lately?

Well, thats about all I have for ya. I'll keep ya updated!

5 comments:

Debbie (Nerd Goddess) said...

If you want some clean, fun romances try Jannette Rallison. Her books are about High Schoolers who get into lots of predicaments and find romance along the way. She's LDS so there's no sex or swearing, which is always nice.

What other types of stories are you interested in? I can give you more recommendations based on that.

The Duke said...

I'm excited about your new job. You are a very creative person so I'm sure you will learn lots and do a great job. I'm happy you won't have to work on Sunday, too.

Dave and Tana said...

Nice pic in the photo booth!

Gillian and Kevin Mohlman said...

Thanks Debbie! I will check those out. I like anything really. I really like Nicholas Sparks. Do you like him too? Yea, Mom hopefully I will have the coolest blog in our family after I learn more things! Dave- Photobooth ROCKS!

Bailey said...

ooh the last movie i saw was fame. have you seen it? i thought it was WAY good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...