Monday, September 28, 2009

Sleeptalking

Kevin is the WORST sleep talker that I have ever known in my life. When we were dating, he told me that sometimes he would have this dream of a spider crawling on his ceiling and then it would drop- so Kevin would wake up and get out of bed, and search for the spider thinking it was real- even though it was only a dream. He would soon realize that it was just him dreaming. Well, little did I know, he does things like that EVERY night. And its BAD.

On our honeymoon, we were staying at Casa Blanca on our last night. They didnt have any rooms with one king bed. They only had rooms with two Queens. That was fine for us. So, we were really tired. We had been traveling ALL day from Newport to Mesquite so we decided to take it easy and plop on the tv to watch the Conan Obrian Show. After watching it for only ten minutes, we got super tired and turned off the TV and fell asleep. About a half an hour later, Kevin is snoring. It takes me a long time to fall asleep, so while I was just about to drift off, I hear and feel Kevin rustling the blankets and sheets in our bed. He was franticaly searching for something. I asked him what he was doing and he said "Looking for the snake! Get out of the bed! There is a snake in there!" He by this time had jumped on the other queen bed in the room, and was looking for the snake in that bed. He just kept telling me to get out of the bed. I was so confused, and kind of started laughing. I looked at him and said "Kevin, there is no snake in the bed..." and all the sudden, he snapped out of it and said.. "you are right. There isnt one huh..." He was all embarassed and jumped right back into bed and fell asleep. The whole next week, thats all I could make fun of him about. It was hilarious! He had been dreaming there was a snake in our bed, so he thought it was real...

Well, a few weeks later, we were fast asleep and then Kevin speaks up again. "Gillian, why did you let that bird poop on me?!" I was like.. oh great. Here we go again.. so I said "Kevin, what are you talking about. You are talking in your sleep. There is no bird here and no poop on you." He then said "Yes there is. Why would you let that happen to me? And if there isn't any poop on me, why is my face wet?" I started to laugh, and touched his face thinking that it would be wet- but wet with his drool, not poop. Sure enough, it was NOT wet. I said "Kevin. Go back to bed. I am mad you woke me up." He kinda snapped out of it and went straight to sleep. Wow. There are going to be so many fun stories to come...

Dont worry, I have more. So the other night, I was reading my book late with the lamp on. He had already fallen asleep. When I turned off the lamp, he turned over to me and started chomping his mouth *smack* *smack* *smack*... and I said "what the heck are you doing?" All he said was "wait, I need to spit my gum out" I told him "Kevin, you do not have gum in your mouth." He then smacked his mouth again and said..."oh.. yea.. I guess I dont. Dang it! Why do I keep dreaming these things!"

The next night, He had been sitting up twice in the middle of the night. The first time, I just thought, he is sleep talking. I am not even going to ask. But when I saw it again, I thought.. maybe he heard something and that is why he is sitting up. I asked him if everything was ok and all he said was "Stop asking me that! Gosh!" Haha. Rude. He didnt even remember it in the morning.

Last, but not least... Two nights ago, I asked Kevin to cuddle me in the middle of the night because I was cold. All he said was "No you idiot!" Holy cow guys! My husband is so mean! haha. 5 minutes after that, he came over and cuddled me and I said "oh, you want to cuddle now do you?!" and he was so confused.. he was like "of course I do, I always want to cuddle you!" Well. from now on, I am going to just have to stop talking to him in the middle of the night. It could get bad. :) There are all my funny stories for the day! Hope they all made you laugh. I still laugh about them every day. Sometimes I look forward to bed time so I can get a good laugh out of him. :) Anyone have stories that are similar?


5 comments:

Jess said...

Hahaha! That's HILARIOUS! Mike does stuff like that sometimes...it's quite entertaining. One time he did punch me full-on in the face...then ten minutes later he tried cuddling with me. He didn't remember anything in the morning, and when I told him what happened, he just laughed! Hopefully your hubby never sleep-smacks you! Lol

Mike and Adrianne said...

That's pretty funny. Mike has done stuff like that before. The other night he got up to help with Isaac because I couldn't get him to stop crying. Then the next morning I mentioned it and he was like, "What?" He couldn't remember getting up with him.

Jess and Jen said...

That's pretty funny...I don't have any stories like that to tell! -Jen

Nerd Goddess said...

It's just the opposite for George and I. On our honeymoon he woke up in the middle of the night because I'd pulled his pillow right out from under his head. I was leaning over him, and then I threw his pillow on my side, rolled over, and went back to sleep. Pretty sure he took it right back, lol.

-Debbie

Dave and Tana said...

hahaha that is so funny! i love all of those stories! we dont have anything really like that..but kinda...i typically go to bed earlier than dave because my job starts really early in the morning..and sometimes ill wake up in the morning and remember saying rude things but not remembering..so i ask dave..was i rude to you last night? and then he will go into detail explaining how i said stuff like i can never sleep..bla bla bla and just being pissed that he woke me up...i never remember though..i guess your true colors come out when your sleeping...im a jerk and kevin sees things that other dont :) haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...