Friday, September 18, 2009

Dancing Again, Work, and More

Henry At my house for dinner with the fam- yes, he wants to be like Michael Jackson!
At Lifehouse they teach an adult dance class on thursday nights. I have been wanting to get back into shape, but I didnt want to sign a contract for a gym pass. So, Nesha told me I could take the adult class for free because I teach at the studio. (All the teachers get free classes if they want to take). I wasnt sure about taking the class because the adults are all just moms that havent really danced much in their life, so I thought it would be a waste of my time and super easy. Well, I Went last night, and I actually loved it! Its from 8-10:30 PM and Its tap for a half an hour, ballet for an hour, and jazz for an hour. The theachers are amazing. Yea, It was really easy for me, but I got a super good workout! I picked up all the combinations fast, but still have alot of technique to catch up on. There are so many levels in the class, so the teachers tell you to push yourself and substitute some of the moves for harder ones if you can do it. Well, I definitaly pushed myself and I felt like I sweated off a year of sweat. Dang, it felt GOOD! I forgot how much I love dancing and working out. I kinda felt like a loser, because I went early to watch kaitlin dance in her class, and she is so so good. Better than I ever was. Not as flexible, but she sure picks up fast, and is doing harder and faster moves than I ever did. I felt kinda stupid seeing her and knowing that I danced more years than her, but now I am in the Adult Class. HA. Oh well. Hopefully she doesnt think I am a loser!
All the new cold weather things we got at our store.. I want them ALL!!
Work is as busy as ever. I work alot. Its nice to have a day off once in a while. I have never worked this many hours in my life, and it is good for me. It keeps me busy. The manager Taylor (I am her assistant) might be going off to school next year. If she does, maybe I can move up to Manager. I know she is on Salary, and makes alot more than I do. (and I make quite a bit for the job) Hopefully I can prove to be reliable enough to become the store's acting manager if she ever leaves. I am SO grateful to have the job because it has great benefits. I just got my card in the mail. The best part is, that it covers my birthcontrol haha!
Me and baby john- bein reunited for the first time since they left for the summer! he LOVED me :)
A few weeks ago kevin and I wanted to cook a roast. Our crockpot is too big for just the two of us, so we invited Adam and Amy, and Lance and Nancy. We had Roast, Mashed Potatos, Veggies (corn, olives, carrots) Rolls, and a Cassarole. I also made homemade Gravy for the first time ever! It was SO good! I was so proud of myself. Nancy made yummy cookies to eat for dessert too. It was a fun family get together. Thanks for coming guys!

So its lookin like Ammon wont be going back to school for a while... and I know he gets SO bored. I decided that on my day off and on the days I work in the afternoon, I am going to go and homeschool Ammon. I am going to do crafts with him, and take him on field trips, and do school work with him, and read with him. It will be good for us both! I am so excited. If anyone has any fun fall crafts ideas, let me know. :)

Well, thats all for now. Just thought I have been pretty bad at updating my blog latley. Sorry! I will try to update it more often. Love ya all!
xoxo

3 comments:

Lokodi said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy. I love the pictures of the nephews. I sure wish I could meet baby John and Henry is as cute as ever. Glad to hear you're liking your job. I've always wanted to take an adult dance class. My friend teaches a hip hop one at the Y. She just started but I can't take it because I'm moving next week. I'm sure I'll find something. I really enjoy Zumba though. That's a good mix between dance and arobic workout. Anyway, have a great week. Talk to you later.

Lindsey

Dave and Tana said...

You guys sound pretty busy! I like being busy! That dance class is way long..no kiding a work out. I need to hit the gym up..they have one here were we live...you have inspired me Jill! Good to hear the updates. Love ya both much.

Gillian said...

Yea, I am still feeling the pain from that dance class by the way... OUCH! my legs are killing me. I guess that means I worked hard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...